Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Looking to upgrade from a 120 LC3 what can I expect?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiquidLAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 20:28    Post subject: Looking to upgrade from a 120 LC3 what can I expect? Reply with quote

Ok, so I've got a 2004, 120 LC3 that I've had from new, it's been fully Toyota Services and is just coming up to 190k

It's manual, still has the original Clutch, Exhaust, brake disks (?), only had to change the batteries last winter as the old ones just didn't have the punch in the cold weather.

This that have broken - lower nearside wishbone, near side drive shaft, fuel pump twice and the AC pump (replaced with a recon once, but that's gone now)

Whenever I've been into Toyota the mechanics never seemed all that enamoured by the 150, the suggestion being stick with what I had...

So have I been really lucky with my TLC what can I expect from the 150s?  Do they hold up to the same kind of mileage or is it like all things modern, just not made to last???

Thoughts welcome
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've done the same thing, swapped into a 150 from a 120 I had for about 7yrs.

had it now for about 3-4yrs, see my other posts on this 150 pages, done about 40k MLS.

I'd say a Big change between models, in a good way,  whilst it may fall short against its rivals in some areas, LC owners I think buy for different reasons to mainstream 4x4 users etc.

Still like it, and can't see changing anytime soon, and there still doesn't seem to be many around.

Just a quick post for now, have a read through the other ownership threads, I've give some updates over ownership time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: