NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Neutral Safety Switch for 80 Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devonnick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35    Post subject: Neutral Safety Switch for 80 Series Reply with quote

Hi

If you read this and can assist I would dreatly value your opinions. I have read the threads on this goingback to 2010!

I need a new neutral safety switch. Genuine ones are now at totally crazy pricing - upwards of 300 UK Pounds (part number 84540 60050). There are other people selling pattern units from 60 - 250 UK Pounds and I have found the source of these on alibaba in China - factory price is US $14.20 (obviously plus shipping, etc)

(I put the alibaba link in here but have had to remove it to submit the post)

So, has anyone one used this pattern part and is it any good? I have messaged the manufacturer to ask if they will sell me one unit to try out, but I think the payment methods they require may kill this idea and force me to buy a few units to make it worth doing a telegraphic transfer.

Any views welcomed!

Nick

2 x 1993 80 4.2TD Autos
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not used the part or had to fit one, but I did find this company that should just sell you one Switch

Hope this helps.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
devonnick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I found this seller as well and have ordered one. The only bad news is that the shipping is 3x the cost of the part Sad  Anyway, issue sold.

Now I have to find a new A/C compressor - equally hard. I find it amazing that there are so many parts no longer made and very hard to source

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: