Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New land cruiser V8 diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangrov

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51    Post subject: New land cruiser V8 diesel Reply with quote

Hi guys I can see grey dealers are importing land cruiser v8 petrol but will they be importing the diesel version. I can not seem to find any information. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Eastern Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Diesel LC200 V8 4.5L turbo diesel is widely available and very popular in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus and other ex-USSR countries. The LC200 diesel is no longer sold in the EU because they don't meet some EU regulation; perhaps CO2 g/km or some other EURO6 emission rule designed to keep out cars not made in the EU. The EU also limited the sale of Japanese cars to 10% of cars sold in the EU, so Toyota faces all the same costs that plague EU manufacturers and can can spread the cost over far less units. That's the EU for you - favour the largest manufactures (because they are nearly all in the real capital of the EU?)

This issue also happened with the 80 series. The 4.2L TD 1HD-T was available from 1990 to about the end of 1994 and then only the petrol car was available until the 1HD-FT diesel became available in about 1996. This later engine had a 24 valve head (4 per cylinder) and electronic control of fuel injection. It also had quite lot more power.

I have a 2011 LC200 so this doesn't affect me, but I shall be very angry if the diesel LC200 replacement is excluded from the UK.

You should consider importing a petrol version and add a LPG conversion if the fuel costs bother you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: