Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

US import 5.7L in UK getting maps to work suspension upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilyak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:47    Post subject: US import 5.7L in UK getting maps to work suspension upgrade Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got a 5.7L 2008 LHD landcruiser and it's bloody good.  I had a very good 4.7L Amazon (which I may sell shortly) and it is a fair bit more powerful.  I have a few questions.
1) As far as I can tell from surfing I can't get European maps to work in it.  I can get the maps on e bay but they won't work with the US model.  Any other thoughts?
2) As far as I can tell, I can't make the DVD region free.  I've bought some region 1 DVDs
3) As far as I can tell, I can't get an aftermarket nav unit which will work with the climate control.  I can get an android unit with bluetooth etc but the rear climate control is done by the head unit and I'll lose the ability to control that from the front.  Any thoughts?
4) I'd like to stiffen the suspension.  The KDSS is great and I don't plan to do serious off-roading in it (might keep my 100 with proper tyres and a snorkel for that) and with a car that does 0-60 in about 7 seconds, I'd quite like to go round corners flatter.  I have seen uprated sway bars in australia, can I get those in the UK?
5) I'd also like stiffer shocks for the road which again won't kill off road performance.  Ideally electrically adjustable but don't mind permanently stiffer (it has coil springs, not the hydraulic suspension and magnetic dampers, I thought that was fine as I just shelled out a few grand getting my LC100 suspension totally refurbed!).  Any thoughts
6) Apologies if these are dumb questions, just joined this forum and am finding my way around.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Eastern Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2007-2012 Land Cruisers there is a device called a Gazer Vi700A Toyota that intercepts the GVIF (Gigabit Video InterFace) signals to the screen on the LC200 and provides GPS Navigation. They cost about $700. Part of the dash must be removed and replaced to allow installation. I haven't tried it because my LC200 has Euro maps. The forum doesn't allow me to post a link! But copy and paste the name, model and car into Google and you should be good to go.

These are the claims:

The key advantage of Gazer VI700A-GVIF/GM multimedia interface is that you can install in your car while keeping the stock head unit fully operational. The stock head unit in your Chevrolet, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus or Toyota is maximally adapted to the sound system available in the car and to the car itself. The car stereo operates as one with the car. It is connected with other electronic systems via CAN bus and is responsible not only for audio playback but partially serves as the central node of the computer-aided car management system. It is therefore highly inadvisable to replace the stock head unit in Chevrolet, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus or Toyota vehicles. However, with Gazer VI700A-GVIF/GM multimedia interface, you can significantly expand its functionality and turn it into a full-fledged multimedia center that will make driving experience much safer and ensure that both the driver and the passengers feel as comfortable as possible. All the stock functions, including FM radio, SD and USB playback, Bluetooth, audio settings menu and car functions customization, will remain intact and operate just as Chevrolet, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus or Toyota intended.

It takes only one press of a button to connect Gazer VI700A-GVIF/GM multimedia interface to your vehicle's display or audio system. In addition, the driver gets several extra safety options: ability to plug in rear and front view cameras with movement trajectory mapping*, Gazer surround view system with DVR and CCTV functions, and plenty of other useful features.

The GPS navigation function will allow you to plot a route and to get real-time information about traffic jams when Internet connection is available. Full support of in-car screen mirroring for iPhones or Android smartphones along with touchscreen controls on the car’s display unit will offer you far more functionality than Car Play or Android Auto modes: unlimited capabilities that can only be compared to using a tablet PC or a laptop, which is completely integrated with your car. Furthermore, to make the time spent in a parked vehicle thoroughly enjoyable, one can connect two additional audio-video devices, such as a digital T2 TV tuner, a DVR, an external DVD player, and even a Play Station game console or a karaoke system.
Ilyak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I found a similar device, plugged in a front facing camera on rh roof bar so I can see for overtaking in UK!
Got Bilstein shocks, raises a few inches and much firmer ride, almost too firm but doesn't roll.
I also mounted a 13000lb winch hidden under front bumper behind number plate and used it in anger the other day, trying to pull a boat trailer up a sloping muddy field, I could actually get out leaving it in crawl with all four wheels turning nicely in sync with no movement, winch worked beautifully until the fence post snapped...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: