2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BJ73 rear spring compatibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outdoordan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 22:15    Post subject: BJ73 rear spring compatibility Reply with quote

Hi all,  

been a long time not on here. hope everyones doing well.

going to replace the rear springs on the BJ73... the ones fitted are *beep*.

I'm not to worried about any kind of lift above standard height. i figure that new springs will perk the ride up somewhat. although i did think about some OME ones.

Anyway... the question is this... can anyone tell me if theres a more readily available set of rear leaf springs designed to fit other land cruiser models that will fit the BJ73?

I found a set of HJ60 springs on Euro 4x4 website that they claim will fit but when I cross referenced the same spring with a set of Milner HJ60 springs they said they wouldn't

The OEM rear spring for the BJ73 is 4+2 leaves, 70mm wide and 610/725mm from centre. I don't know what strength they're rated to... does anyone else?

cheers in advance for any help/advice

OD
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Foufou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same boat as I have to replace the bushes for vehicle test and all my springs are very worn where the leaf ends have rubbed. Happy with the height and ride still good. There are 3 different types of shackle fitted and one has been welded creating a slight twist in the spring...

I hear good things about OME but I dont want the lift. Euro4x4 list a standard aftermarket spring but no idea of the quality

My rear spring has 70x7x1500 painted on the top, so wondered if they have previously been replaced with something generic?
outdoordan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foufou wrote:
I am in the same boat as I have to replace the bushes for vehicle test and all my springs are very worn where the leaf ends have rubbed. Happy with the height and ride still good. There are 3 different types of shackle fitted and one has been welded creating a slight twist in the spring...

I hear good things about OME but I dont want the lift. Euro4x4 list a standard aftermarket spring but no idea of the quality

My rear spring has 70x7x1500 painted on the top, so wondered if they have previously been replaced with something generic?

What condition are the rear springs in? Got any photos. How many leaves do they have? Interested because the OEM spring is 1450 long.

If the spring was 50mm too long with standard hangers might it increase wear on bushes? Dunno
Foufou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are 8 leaf. Problem is that some leaves have worn heavily into the leaves above making grooves from side to side but I would really need to take them apart to see if it is a real issue. Probably not get time to do this for a while though

The bushes are just split and this year the inspector didn't like them. If it wasnt written on the certificate then I am sure next years inspector wouldnt notice  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: