Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Will full synthetic oil be OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:48    Post subject: Will full synthetic oil be OK Reply with quote

Hi,

I have also posted a similar post to this on the 90 series technical forum, i thought it might fit better in this forum as well, sorry for any confusion.

I've been gifted some full synthetic engine oil for free, 50 litres to be exact, the oil is 10-30W, still sealed in 5L plastic containers and described as engine oil for diesel engines, my question is can i use it at the next oil change of my 1997 land cruiser Colorado, 3.0L Diesel that has 241,000 miles on the clock.

The oil has come from a reputable source, a friend has just cleared out his garage and has passed it on to me as he no longer has a car for it's use, the make of the oil is a home brand from the local ASDA supermarket chain and it's general reviews are excellent.

The engine has no issues but is now 21 years old and might not like a change in oil type...... I have read on the forum of synthetic oil opening up potential engine leaks and other things.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: