All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Emissions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisiiiuk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 17:01    Post subject: Emissions Reply with quote

I have a 1996 Landcruiser VX Auto Petrol 98,000 miles- It has just gone through the MOT OK, but I am worried about the ever stricter emission tests. Wondering if I should sell, what I might expect to get for it and indeed what on earth to replace it with. I love this car - had it for 18 years.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 17:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car only has to meet the emmisions spec from when it was new; I've seen no suggestions that that will change. Assuming your engine is in good condition and all the emissions controls are working MOT passes should be straightforward. Other factors like rust and ageing mechanical components may be a problem but everything seems fixable on these cars and I've had no trouble sourcing parts. I'm happy to stick with my twenty year old 190k mile petrol Colorado for now.
modvrs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year's MOT emission results.

One of the cleanest exhausts I've ever had despite approaching 200,000 miles. If it wasn't for the sub 20mpg I'd say it was almost eco-friendly.
chrisiiiuk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 13:31    Post subject: Emissions Reply with quote

SOLD IT
modvrs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, decision made at least. What is the replacement vehicle?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: