4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help wanted to buy Amazon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriana1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 17:36    Post subject: Help wanted to buy Amazon Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I have been looking for some time now to buy an Amazon just need a bit of help to enable me to decide what to buy for my budget of around £10k
Auto or Manual- whilst modern Autos are great not so sure about the older ones- I am happy to have a manual and understand they are Rare- do the Autos have any issues
4.2TD or 4.7 petrol with LPG- I understand that the Petrol with LPG conversion are as reliable and economical as the 4.2 is the petrol with LPG a good option

Air suspension or springs- is the air suspension a reliable option given the age of the car I would be buying- I know the air can be very expensive to fix

Sorry to ask all these questions but it a lot of dosh to spend on an old car??

Thanks in advance guys

Adriana1
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 17:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

J corless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:05    Post subject: Amazon prchase Reply with quote

Personally wouldn't touch a lpg conversion as the cambelt is a night mare job on a 4.7 compared to the diesel as for auto box the older one i.e. 3speed with overdrive is great if serviced every 30k or less if you can. Have heard that lpg can burn out the valves
As it burns a lot hotter and the ignition system has to be sorted so I believe, as for the ahc don't bother to expensive cost me a fortune so I replaced with OME fit and forget with the older amazons the hydraulic fluid pipes corrode and are *beep* to replace plus the pump costs £1500
Adriana1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:07    Post subject: Thanks a lot Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments appreciate that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: