Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

DAB Radio Option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neilto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35    Post subject: DAB Radio Option Reply with quote

I'm looking at a 150 (2010).
One niggle that I had during the test drive is that it doesn't seem to have a DAB radio - is this an upgrade that needs fitting.  It has a AM DAB button on the dash but when pressed only brings up AM station options.  Does anyone know what is involved in getting DAB in this generation of Land Cruiser.  This LC4 only has rear camera option but that would be OK for me.

One option that I'm  considering is transplanted my Pioneer upgraded unit from my old 120 and getting the steering wheel iso connection pack but that might be expensive and complicated.  it has camera interface front and rear so should be ok.
Fiesta Ecoboost
Fiat Ducato motorhome
Renault 21 TXI
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

russell.huffer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2010 is the same I have the DAB button but no DAB receiver, I bought the module from e bay and installed it, when I started the car up it updated the system and added a DAB tab, unfortunately whilst it showed stations I could never get any sound out of it, and ended up sending it back. They used to cost £229.00 from Mt T but when I asked about fitting one to mine they quoted me about £550.00 so I never bothered.
I would not bother with the Toyota DAB if not fitted, you can tell straight away if it is fitted as the extra ariel supplied by Toyota fixes to the windscreen.

Kind regards

Russell.
Neilto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I went back to the car for a second look.  There is no Digital radio stations but I was able to pair with my phone to play internet radio and it sounded good in the car park but not sure how good on the move.  I'm on the fence a bit with the car as I can't quite justify to myself the significant step up in price from my 120.  Its 4 years newer with 40000 less miles but its no cleaner underneath in fact I'd say its more rusty.  bit its a whooping £12K more than mine.  Also I'm concerned about the 3rd row of seats that I don't want/need and think it would be difficult to remove and reinstall.  Also no sunroof and a less good sat nav.  Also I'd say it was more sluggish probably due to more weight.

Quieter and maybe maybe tighter handling.  However its feeling like too much to justify.
Fiesta Ecoboost
Fiat Ducato motorhome
Renault 21 TXI
TR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same position. Currently have a 56 plate Invincible (so std suspension) with less than 70k mikes.
Really only want 5 seats But finding an Active spec with 5 seats is a rare thing. Even the later specs around 2016 don’t have much spec. A lot of extra money for less desirable vehicle. Good luck with your search
Neilto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR
I see that you are in Hampshire sp for you it might be going to look at this one:
https://www.williamssalesltd.co.uk/used/toyota/land-cruiser/30-d-4d-lc4-5dr-auto-190-great-spec-full-leather-/maidstone/kent/18797801/
I was down in Bristol last week and was going to pop over to Kent to see this one but ran out of time.  It looks good in the photos but I can't get around the price for these 8 year old cars that are asking 55% of their new price.
I think that the prices will soften when congestion charges really take hold and maybe I'll look again but until then...
I'd imagine those electric 3rd row seats would be a nightmare to remove - that was a backward step for Toyota when they did that in my opinion.
Fiesta Ecoboost
Fiat Ducato motorhome
Renault 21 TXI
TR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks a nice vehicle but I would have 1 concern. The 60th anniversary model was in 2011 I though and came with sunroof and clear rear light clusters. I may be wrong but worth a check.
You are correct about the LC4/5 rear seat removal , when Imasked the same question I was told that the controls to prevent accidents with the electric movement would be difficult to overcome. Mayb e by now these issues have been overcome but to regain the headroom the floor structure needs to be reworked back to the 5 seat spec. It should be easier to remove the LC3 rear seats as these are manual.
Good luck.
russell.huffer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

My electric rear seats sometimes sounds a bleep after I have carried something heavy in the back, easily cured by pressing the switch and moving them slightly, but I have to say they are a blessing over the manual ones, because the children can put them up or down as required, where as I had to do the manual ones for them.

Kind regards

Russell.
Garyd855

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back to the OP, I’m also interested in getting DAB in my 2010 LC5. Any ideas how much Toyota would charge to install and enable DAB. Cannot believe they put DAB button on head unit but it’s an upgrade to actually enable it.
russell.huffer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since bought another dab kit, but like the first one it installs, updates the current system adds a dab tab, displays and searches stations, but what ever I try I can not get any sound out of it.

May be a fault on my car or may need something activating by dealer, who knows, I am bored with trying and learned to live with no dab.

Kind regards

Russell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: