NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member...in need of help PLEEASSSEEEEE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av12ram

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 16:18    Post subject: New member...in need of help PLEEASSSEEEEE!!! Reply with quote

Hi all, I am a new member on TLOCUK but have been dabbling with landcruisers since I was 19. My second car was an 2007 LC4 which I still own, and was passed down to me by my father. My parents grew up in East Africa and from a young age I have been brought up with Landcruisers. On family holidays we would visit my uncles who all had Landcruisers in East Africa, and my dad also had a LJ79 that he kept in Tanzania at my uncle's house for him to use to travel all around Tanzania when we went back. I think from a young age that Land cruiser blood has been running through my veins. I always knew I'd own an LC when I was older and after having the LC4 I wanted another so I bought an import LC100 Cygnus and used that for a couple of years.

Most recently I imported a HJ60 and sold the Cygnus.

This is where my troubles began. The HJ is a solid car, surprisingly rust free and I can't wait to get it out on the road. However, I never got the original Japanese Logbook, as I imported through a company in the UAE and they did not give me the logbook. When trying to register it in the UK the DVLA have said that the paperwork I have does not prove the age of the car, and I must get a letter from Toyota or and Owner Club confirming the age of the vehicle.

This is where I need help. I have had the HJ sitting on my drive for 4 or 5 months now with no luck from Toyota head office. The whole experience has left me really down and I even considered selling it unregistered, which would be a real shame.

Is there an admin who could provide a letter confirming the age of the truck so I can finally get it registered and enjoy it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 16:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: