4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front drive shaft nut torque setting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibex

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35    Post subject: Front drive shaft nut torque setting? Reply with quote

I need to know what the torque setting/procedure is for the front drive shaft nuts on my 2005 120 series Landcruiser. I thought in the absence of a manual I would find it online easy enough - but no such luck. So manual has been  ordered - but drive shaft needs tightening today!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Les63

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 14:03    Post subject: front drive shaft torque Reply with quote

Ellery manual states 235Nm--174lb-ft
Captain Slog

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:11    Post subject: Re: Front drive shaft nut torque setting? Reply with quote

Ibex wrote:
I need to know what the torque setting/procedure is for the front drive shaft nuts on my 2005 120 series Landcruiser. I thought in the absence of a manual I would find it online easy enough - but no such luck. So manual has been  ordered - but drive shaft needs tightening today!

Is this what you need? If so the torque in the Toyota manual is quite a bit more than Ellery states

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf52ifl4qr2bz9m/Capture.PNG?dl=0
Ibex

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:00    Post subject: Front drive shaft nut torque setting? Reply with quote

I have since used the 235N value - although I didn't personally recognise the "Ellery" referenvce.  I also found a Youtube video of a chap who quoted the same value - so that's what I have used. Interesting that there is a difference between that and the Toyota book. Is there a model change year involved somewhere? I have found some confusion in buying a decent manual as the model years don't appear to tally with the variants?
Captain Slog

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 14:26    Post subject: Re: Front drive shaft nut torque setting? Reply with quote

Ibex wrote:
.... Interesting that there is a difference between that and the Toyota book. Is there a model change year involved somewhere? I have found some confusion in buying a decent manual as the model years don't appear to tally with the variants?

I was using the official OEM Toyota Workshop manual covering all LC120 model years and variants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: