Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Colorado / Prado 90 Cargo Dimensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birchy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 13:48    Post subject: Colorado / Prado 90 Cargo Dimensions Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I currently own a mint 100 series 4.2, but have been told a baby is on the way! Combined with us emigrating to France next year, I may need to free up some funds and sell, and I am looking at a 2002 Colorado 5 door to replace it.

My question is - do any of you know any of the rear cargo dimensions? Cargo volume (litres or cubic feet), ideally measured to the rear of the front seats, would be really useful as I carry a lot of camping stuff. I think the 100 series is around 2500 litres, I have done a search which claims the Prado 90 is ALSO 2,500 litres but I just can't believe it has the same capacity as a big old 100?!

Also, any dimensions of rear cargo width, length etc. would be really useful too.

Thanks in advance, and help would be much appreciated.

Ben
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 13:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how helpful this will be but I have just unbolted all the rear seats in mine to create a van for an upcoming house move. Maximum dimensions of cargo space are now 1.98x1.43x1.11m (length-width-height) making about 3 cubic metres. With middle row seats in place length is reduced to 1.50m and there will be a width restriction for the rear-most seats in the folded up position probably equating to the 2.5 cubic metres number; how much of this is usable depends on what you want to carry. The door aperture is 1.13x1.03m (width-height).

modvrs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify that by "middle row seats in place" I mean bolted in but folded up. Obviously less room with them fixed in the normal position but I can't measure that at the moment.
Birchy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute legend! Thank you! Am pleasantly impressed - at 3000 cubic metres = 3000 litres... the 100 series has 2500 (with middle row folded not removed however). The old 90 series has a decent amount of room then. Thanks again, ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: