Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What series or model number is the 2003 - 2009 Landcruiser?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 20:08    Post subject: What series or model number is the 2003 - 2009 Landcruiser? Reply with quote

Just wondering which model these Lancruiser's are? The normal 2dr Swb model 2003 - 2009, are they the 150 series?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 20:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Edward

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will be 120 series (KDJ125). 150 series is 8/2009 onwards.
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving my old original thread. The 2003 - 2010 model looks the same, so the 150 series referring to these 03 - 10 cruisers?

Are there many of the 5 speed ones or are they 2003 only? Are the 5 speeds a D4D 160hp engine or the older engine that was in the 90 series, although I believe some of the last 90 series had D4D engines.

I'm trying to suss out which of the 03 - 10 model / version is the best to purchase and keep long term.

I know the injectors gave trouble, and had a recall, should they be ok once the recall work was done, I think they received upgraded copper washers / seals.

Is it the injectors issues that leads to the problems with carbon buildup in the oil, I've seen the turbo's on these with solid carbon in the oil galleries of the turbo bearing housing's.
Carboned Egr valves and Intake manifolds seem to be another big problem on these, is this any worse than any other modern diesel?

I've also heard and know some folk that have these models and oil consumption has been an issue with them, again, is this neglect in their early years or is this common on even properly regularly maintained examples?

Any other common issues, things tobe weary of / check, etc..

6 speed gearbox better than the 5 speed? what hp is the 5 speed, I believe the 6 speed is approx 160hp

What are
andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Here Models
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: