2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Review 4mths ownership and 6k mls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK CJM - got that thanks - might have a look - but been OK with what its been doing for the past 4 years or so... :-} ... so far anyway .....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 23:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC back and all good.

Thks CJM for the menu tip, finally got the auto lock switched off, will look at the other options also when time to see what they do  Very Happy
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in for it's 48k service and still going well, no further issues as yet, heat shields coming lose with corrosion, but a few larger washers and all fixed.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over a year since last post, now @ 54k mls, nothing to report, BF Goodridges doing well, still 6-8mm tread after 34k mls.
hamba

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, about your bfg's, you mentioned they are 265 / 65 / 18. I'm about to change to bfg's myself and was wondering about if it fits under the car on the spare wheel, I had a quick look the other day and it looked a little tight in there with the standard Dunlop duellers 265 / 60 / 18. Cheers
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not fitted to the spare, but it's only a small increase to the overall OD, be surprised if it didn't fit.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nearly 5yrs ownership with this 150, getting closer towards the 7yrs with the 120, not to mention the decades previously with 80’s and 100’s, having a land cruiser in the garage never gets old !

150 now has 59k mls, and All good apart from.........KDSS warning light has now been appearing  intermittently on the dash.

Checking on inter web, seems like only a dealer fix, special pump/fluid/pressure/tools etc, and looks pretty expensive.

I’m planning to check around underneath myself soon, thereafter if nothing obvous and it’s starts flashing more frequently will head to a dealer, we’ll see.

Out of 5yr warranty now, typical etc.

Post 8ncase anyone else exp, but also will inform with mine, if it does really become an issue.

Quiet forum as always, not sure due to lack of 150 owners, or problems, I hope the latter 😀
shaymarriott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get to the bottom of the KDSS light?
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Fortunately it went completely away.

Not sure if it was an equipment, or outside temperature issue (was very cold at the time, but off course that really shouldn't matter either).

Nothing since, glad, as looked only a dealer solution/special tools, and closed loop type circuit, no DIY fill points etc.

I do think my rear shocks are on there way out, so planning to replace soon, but they to are expensive ~£400 ea.

We'll see.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

67k mls, servicing, timing belt replacement etc by myself now I’m out of warranty.

Only comments:-
Drivers rear calliper seized, being replaced (pair)
Getting bi-annual undersell to keep corrosion in check
BFG tyres no 47k mls old, still good 6-7mm accross tread patten
Brakes in general need to be maintained, can see a new set of front calipers being needed soon
Keeping the tail shift “clunk” in check with greasing of the driver train
Had new discs and pads a wee while ago
Thinking about dropping the sump to check the oil strainer pick up to see if “coked” up, after my 120 experience “injector seals failure” some years ago, but the pick up sump is so small, we’ll see, need to order the gasket etc.

Other than that, all good, planning to keep for a while, newest styling changes are the front are nice, but not really worth changing for.

Newest RAV 4 looks funky also !
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update, looks like I need to spend sometime on her.

Front upper and lower ball joints, and a steering rack, started leaking where the steering linkage connects.

Have put in some liquid leak fix stuff (which is actually very good at slowing the leak and indeed making the steering much smoother) but it does still leak, albeit much slower.

So looking around, steering rack Toyota £1500, e bay new £500, e bay repair/service your rack £215.

Planning to remove shortly, undecided whether new/replacement rack, or fix/service my OEM unit, kinda thinking fix/service OEM unit, but off course a big job, so perhaps a new ones the way to go.

Other than that, still like it, a keeper.

Bought some upgrade parts for the side panels to give it a changed/fresh look, still going strong.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Ref steering rack leak, the STOP leakage fluid route was a quick fix to buy time and work out a plan.

But, this STOP leak fluid I has worked really well, and seems to have not only soften the seal, to allow it to re-seal, but also made the much steering smoother, it is a visibly a higher viscosity fluid than normal/STD power steering fluid, but has for the moment solved the problem.

Still monitoring, but this £15 bottle has saved a few thousand £££'s, it was a bad leak, I'd lose the oil reservoir contents in around 2 tanks of fuel.

Hopefully I haven't spoken to soon, but in case anyone else comes across this on an LC, or indeed any other car, link to product here:
STOP LEAK
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

~7yrs ownership now
Another MOT recently, again no advisory’s
But before the MOT did replace front callipers, 1-2 pistons sticking, really through lack of use.
Bought some 2020 wheels as summer options, original wheels still have the BFG’s fitted 7yrs ago, about 6-7mm tread remains
Quiet forum, for the right reason off course 😀
Saw a 2011 on e bay with a 2020 facelift, that looked interesting option, if I could be bothered, but otherwise just keeps going
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got her, and going well, done 3 trips to London recently with trailers so time for some TLC

Gearbox cooler pipes failed (on 1 trip back from London), replaced them, but since g/box sealed for life, let dealer drain/refill oil, clean filter, and refill, when it went in for below KDSS issue.

KDSS pump light came on permanently recently, call’d my preferred dealer (Elgin) took it up, diagnosed pump failure. Since special Toyota tools needed (only 1 set, moved between all Toyota UK garages as needed) as 6000psi system etc, needed to wait a week for repair. Pump wise, Toyota came through, retail price was £2800, but discounted to £935 under they’re customer loyalty programme.

It’s now handling much better then before even the KDSS lights came on, I guess hasn’t been working properly for some time.

Also centre exhaust section replaced, serviced, all belts replaced and re-undersealed, all ready for its next MoT in a few months.

Elgin, Alexander Wallace Toyota always worth a call if anyone in my area.

Still looking good, and just keeps going.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keeps going and going and going, not much to add from Aug last year.

Only thing, suspension has dropped around 10mm drivers side, after the repair/replacement pump, seemingly they seen this before, so going back soon for calibration to Toyota, hopefully just the new pump/system settling etc.

Soon be time to get the summer wheels on.

Oh, it’s not the only Toyota, our RAV4 soon to be replaced with one of the newer hybrid RAV4’s, after 10yrs of also faithfull service to us, sad to see it go, been a great car also, and will do someone else well.

And an MR2 has arrived into the family, 1 owner, 80k mls, a 22yr old machine that doesn’t show its age at all, really don’t think there’s many manufacturers that build cars like Toyota do, they’re not without their problems off course, but overall,think they hold up pretty well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: