2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

unwanted lights on dash..VSC ..TRC etc. SORTED !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart H

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 19:24    Post subject: unwanted lights on dash..VSC ..TRC etc. SORTED ! Reply with quote

We have two J120s in our family, for 10 months the VRC, TRC plus engine light came on at various times on one vehicle. Garages could not find and faults. We read that poor seal on fuel filler cap could cause this, we changed it..no change, however there was a very small hole in the fuel filler neck pipe due to corrosion. New filler pipe fitted...No more lights on dash.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

stonecutter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having the same intermittent problem on my 2004 LC5 and I assume its the petrol cap. After removing it and cleaning the inside of the cap and then applying a small amount of lubricant the problem goes away for some time. I am thinking of buying a new petrol cap and hopefully solving the problem for good
Ibex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12    Post subject: Unwanted warning lights Reply with quote

I am having the same problems (see other posts) but have since spotted that the rubber breather pipe on the tank has a tiny leak - a few drops when the car is filled to the brim. It looks a pig of a job to get to so I have put it off - but maybe it's the answer to my warning light problem too - although goodness knows how?

How big a job was it to replace the filler neck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: