2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

--please help--theft deterrent system indicator light blinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalmato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 21:44    Post subject: --please help--theft deterrent system indicator light blinks Reply with quote

hi guys...please help..
I can't start the engine, "engine immobilizer system / theft deterrent system indicator light" blinks on car dashboard.
What can I do to start the engine?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 21:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BriComp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Mr T quoted £3500 to repair. Claimed that existing key no good and would need 2 new keys and ecu.
It turned out that none of this was true, just that a sensor in the steering column (i think) and a chassis receiver/transmitter had failed. They still insisted that I had to pay for 2 new keys as they had been cut to my car and could not be returned. The ecu was returned. In all it cost me £1400 but that was with some heavy discounting because of the way they had dealt with me and the cars problem. I had to complain to the Dealer Principal, which was the source of the discounts. I had to subsequently fight for the as the said discounts not agreed. Fortunately I had printed copies of emails and they finally capitulated.
I will let you know the exactly failed items when I have had time to dig them out.
Dalmato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriComp wrote:
I had the same problem. Mr T quoted £3500 to repair. Claimed that existing key no good and would need 2 new keys and ecu.
It turned out that none of this was true, just that a sensor in the steering column (i think) and a chassis receiver/transmitter had failed. They still insisted that I had to pay for 2 new keys as they had been cut to my car and could not be returned. The ecu was returned. In all it cost me £1400 but that was with some heavy discounting because of the way they had dealt with me and the cars problem. I had to complain to the Dealer Principal, which was the source of the discounts. I had to subsequently fight for the as the said discounts not agreed. Fortunately I had printed copies of emails and they finally capitulated.
I will let you know the exactly failed items when I have had time to dig them out.

BriComp ,I would be very grateful  Very Happy
Dalmato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I insert car key "engine immobilizer system / theft deterrent system indicator light" light goes off. Does it mean that immobilization system is functioning ok?    Confused

15 days ago "Malfunction indicator lamp" light went on. Is it somehow connected to this current problem?  Idea
BriComp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items replaced by Mr T to get my LC going were:-
1)   AMPLIFIER, TRANSPONDER KEY - 89783-35030
and
2) COMPUTER ASSY, TRANSPONDER KEY - 89780-60340
ToyoDIY quote prices of Euro351 for 2) and Euro142 for 1)

Amayama quote £164 for 2) and £95 for item 1)

I don't know why they thought that they needed to replace both items. It is unlikely that they both failed at the same time.
Dalmato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriComp wrote:
Items replaced by Mr T to get my LC going were:-
1)   AMPLIFIER, TRANSPONDER KEY - 89783-35030
and
2) COMPUTER ASSY, TRANSPONDER KEY - 89780-60340
ToyoDIY quote prices of Euro351 for 2) and Euro142 for 1)

Amayama quote £164 for 2) and £95 for item 1)

I don't know why they thought that they needed to replace both items. It is unlikely that they both failed at the same time.

Than you BriComp  Very Happy  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: