Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

40 Series Owners UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shafiq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43    Post subject: 40 Series Owners UK Reply with quote

How many members here, own a 40 series vehicle here in the UK? Please share your vehicle specs and pics. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rupert fj40

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38    Post subject: ukfj40 Reply with quote

i'm working on a fj40 now it's on instagram ukfj40 if you'd like to see it's progress the roll cage is available free if someone can use it. it's without fixing plates as i need these for my new cage
Shafiq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:32    Post subject: Re: ukfj40 Reply with quote

Rupert fj40 wrote:
i'm working on a fj40 now it's on Instagram ukfj40 if you'd like to see it's progress the roll cage is available free if someone can use it. it's without fixing plates as i need these for my new cage

Hi Rupert, great to hear we have another 40 series enthusiast here in the UK. Glad to offer any help in terms of sources for good OEM parts. My restoration journey lasted from March 2019 to September 2019. I am on Instagram too bj40toyota and have been uploading some of the build images, follow me to see the full build.
I know some other people have been buying parts from UK dealers but my experience has been pretty negative. Have been quoted a price of £220 +vat for a part which I purchased from another source for $120. When you are buying parts worth a couple of thousand and more, it makes a huge difference. Still learning though.
Not sure how to upload images on this forum.
Shafiq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:43    Post subject: Re: ukfj40 Reply with quote

Rupert fj40 wrote:
i'm working on a fj40 now it's on instagram ukfj40 if you'd like to see it's progress the roll cage is available free if someone can use it. it's without fixing plates as i need these for my new cage

I have noticed, there isn't much activity on this forum. I wonder where all the 40 series owners hang out?
jnryan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gents, one more to add to the list. '77 FJ40 owner since 2018.  Gradually working my way around keeping it on the road in the UK with lack of mechanics and parts.  

Shafiq - we've messaged on IG
jon.doel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a green one. Recently took it to France then sent it down a hill so now in a barn all bent up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: