Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Diagnostic code B1153 - Seat Position Sensor Assembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budgey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:25    Post subject: Diagnostic code B1153 - Seat Position Sensor Assembly Reply with quote

Hi guys!

So, I've had the airbag warning light on for what must be the past year. First of all it was just occasional and then it became more persistent. I did look into it online and it seems there is a common problem with the wires breaking over time, particularly if the seat is moved often - which mine is as my missus is a bit of a short a$$!

I finally got around to checking it as my annual MOT/tech inspection was due and was a bit gutted to find that the wiring was fine - well, I could see some of the shielding was slightly cracked right near the connector, but it didn't look anywhere near a break. I then took out the old sensor (only 1 small bolt after lifting the driver's seat up) and had a look at it, cleaned it a little and put it back. Now the warning light was on permanently - damn! Must be the sensor then I thought, so I ordered one up from Mr T for the princely sum of about 60 quid!

The sensor arrived and I fitted it, but the warning light is still showing. I even rewired the plug, but the light is still on. I reset the code in Techstream and the light goes off for about 1 or 2 seconds but it comes back on again and throws out error code B1153 again!

Has anyone got any ideas what I can try next, or do you think that there is a chance that the new sensor is faulty too?

Failing that, has anyone got any ideas how I can turn the warning light off for the duration of my MOT test, just so I can get a pass in the short term while I troubleshoot further - short of the ultimate temp solution of actually removing the bulb in the dash!

I hope someone is able to help!

Cheers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: