Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80 Series starts but repeatedly cuts out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:24    Post subject: 80 Series starts but repeatedly cuts out. Reply with quote

Hi all.

Took my 80 Series (24V petrol & LPG, 1996) off the road a couple of years ago to carry out some much needed restoration.

Came to move it a few months back with a view to putting it in the workshop to start the work. Probably hadn't been running for maybe 6 or 9 months prior to that, but it was running fine when last started. This time, however, it would start and then cut out after a couple of seconds, it would do this repeatedly, until eventually it wouldn't start at all. Leave it for a while, and then it would go through the same cycle.

I tried the emergency override to start directly on gas (this gas system has a feature that if you floor the throttle, it will start directly on gas instead of first starting on petrol before switching to gas after a short period), but that got similar results, which I guess rules out some elements of the fuel system.

I should add that, for the couple of seconds it does run, it sounds smooth and normal, just like a normal cold start. And when it cuts out, it does so very suddenly - it doesn't splutter and fade away like a fuel fault - it just dies instantly, as if the ignition had been cut. This leads me to believe it's electrical, but I'm at a loss to explain it.

Anyone had similar issues or any ideas as to what may be going on here? Any input would be much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jon.doel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the immobiliser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: