All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Headlight levelling switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza855

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 17:58    Post subject: Headlight levelling switch Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am a new (2 month) LC5 2010 owner.

Loving the car and happy to answer any questions you might have.

A question from me: the manual shows a picture for a headlight adjustment switch ‘for models where fitted’.

I’ve looked at loads of 2010-11 lc3/5/5 and cannot see it fitted to any models. I have seen it on 2012> LC4 models.

I have AFS but that’s just for cornering etc but I cannot manually adjust - yet the 2012s have the switch near the wing mirror adjustment and they have AFS too.

Is it possible to have the switch retro fitted. I cannot believe AFS is as good??

Grateful for your comments
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 17:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

russell.huffer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice, i also have a 2010 LC5. The AFS is all about the left and right aim of the headlights, you can see it at night time best if you drive down winding little lanes, not a lot of use. The headlamp levelling is automatic, you should see this do a self check when you start up. My understanding is that vehicles with HID headlights need self levelling.

Kind regards

Russell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: