Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A new LC enthusiast to be born - buying / newbie advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drogba11King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 17:51    Post subject: A new LC enthusiast to be born - buying / newbie advice Reply with quote

Hi all,

Had a trawl through some of the buyers guides and the most common theme (aside from BEB) is check all the others buyers guides as there’s so many, but struggling to find them!

Anyway I’m in my earlyish 20s and massively into cars (currently own a Merc W124 estate and c63 W204) but only recently has my Land Rover crazy older brother got me seriously into into off-roading (always had a casual interest) and I’ve always claimed give me an LC over a Land Rover any day. So we are planning a few weeks to Morocco and I’m after my first off road vehicle. I was pretty set on the Colorado but I just love the 80 series. He’s had 5 land rovers and I want to prove an LC will be better  Very Happy

I’ve picked a 4.2l VX Manual ifor sale on e bay from Blairgowrie. It’s getting along on it’s mileage 257k but appears to have some form of S/H and has been serviced every 6k apparently. Unfortunately I’m too new to post the e bay link. I fear with my budget of 3-4K I maybe better of sticking to the Colorado.

Any advice on overlanding,  80 series versus 90, this above example plus anything else for a newbie getting into off-roading massively welcome.

(Not sure if this is the best forum for this post)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 17:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

locodriver65

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 16:04    Post subject: off road trip. Reply with quote

Hi,
I have owned a colorado for very 10 years. Mine has 182K miles on it 1997 P reg. 23 years old.

I think a truck like mine will do the job with no problems,

Any way good luck with your trip..

Regards

Paul
Drogba11King

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip. Just waiting for the right one to come along now.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: