Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rearfog light when towing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Singhabeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:13    Post subject: Rearfog light when towing Reply with quote

Hi. Whenever I put any of my trailers on my 2005 amazon the rear fog lights come on automaticaly as soon as I touch the brakes  if the head lights are on. This is my 2nd Amazon to do this . Does any one know how to stop this?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:24    Post subject: Re: Rearfog light when towing Reply with quote

Singhabeer wrote:
Hi. Whenever I put any of my trailers on my 2005 amazon the rear fog lights come on automaticaly as soon as I touch the brakes  if the head lights are on. This is my 2nd Amazon to do this . Does any one know how to stop this?

Hi the first question, How do you know the fogs come on whenyou press the brake pedal? as I assume they go off when you take your foot off !
But there must be a wiring fault
You need to tell more about the wiring instalation.
Did you do it
did you fit a fog cut off socket
did you fit a fog light cut off relay
is it 7 or 13 pin socket
Singhabeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I know they come on because i hear the relay clicks and the dash light come on, and the fog lights on the trailer,then they stay on until i turn off the fog lights off by pressing the button. The wiring looks all standard original Toyota as is the tow bar. its a 7 pin socket. I have 5 trailers and they all do the same thing. They dont do it on my renault van.  It did this on my last LC 100 as well . I just disconnected the fog light to the trailer socket but would rather solve the problem as one day i might need the fog light on my trailer. It makes no difference if its head lamps or just sidelights If i don't have the lights on at all there isn't a problem
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singhabeer wrote:
Hi
I know they come on because i hear the relay clicks and the dash light come on, and the fog lights on the trailer,then they stay on until i turn off the fog lights off by pressing the button. The wiring looks all standard original Toyota as is the tow bar. its a 7 pin socket. I have 5 trailers and they all do the same thing. They dont do it on my renault van.  It did this on my last LC 100 as well . I just disconnected the fog light to the trailer socket but would rather solve the problem as one day i might need the fog light on my trailer. It makes no difference if its head lamps or just sidelights If i don't have the lights on at all there isn't a problem

I know they come on because i hear the relay clicks and the dash light come on: As far as I know there is not a relay on the car
When you plug in the fogs should go out on the car and only stay on the trailer, Have you got a switch in the 7 pin socket or do you have a fog cut off relay ?

so as I said there must be a wiring fault so you will need to trace all the wiring out
Singhabeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the fog on the trailer comes on, not the car so it must override this somehow. a relay i assume, which sounds like it's in the dash board in front of the driver Having owned 3 100 series and they've all done it i can't be the only person to suffer this.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singhabeer wrote:
Yes the fog on the trailer comes on, not the car so it must override this somehow. a relay i assume, which sounds like it's in the dash board in front of the driver Having owned 3 100 series and they've all done it i can't be the only person to suffer this.

Have you done any wiring checks?
and the relay to knock the fogs off on the car but allow the one on the trailer will be at the back of the car.
If the wiring has been done by the dealer it will have been picked up at the rear nearside panel, what I would do is first take the 7 pin socket
off the car and have a look at the wiring, mabe its full of water, then make sure there is no shorts with a M/M and also look
in the back of the socket there might be a very tiny switch that switches the fogs over when you plug the plug in, and if there is
make sure it is wired ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: