Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ABS and brake warning lights and constant buzzer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenrc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 17:25    Post subject: ABS and brake warning lights and constant buzzer Reply with quote

I have a 4.7 petrol 100 series 2004. After about 800 miles it just suddenly had both the brake & ABS warnings lights on the dash & a constant buzzer. I have checked the booster pump is working OK (it whirrs & fluid moved when brakes are pumped) & there is plenty of brake fluid. Brakes also work OK. I have put my OBD reader on it & it doesn't read nay codes (its only a basic reader). Fuses also OK.

Is there anything else I can check & also how can I delete the codes, is there a special Toyota reader that would be best to get. My local garage only has a generic reader & they deleted the codes but they came on again, with the buzzer, after a few 100 yards.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 17:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59    Post subject: Re: ABS and brake warning lights and constant buzzer Reply with quote

It thinks you have run out of brake servo pressure (what the electric pump is supposed to maintain).

If you have pressure (and you would know if you didn't - virtually no brakes) then I would check all the wiring connections around the master cylinder unit. If that doesn't sort it there must be a pressure sensor somewhere that needs looking at.

Its a matter of searching and eliminating one possible cause at a time.

Bob.
glenrc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked all the connections I can see & they all look ok.
I ordered a more professional OBD2 reader which came today & it shows codes C1223, C1289 & C1521. I tried to clear then but they came back. Can't seem to find out what they all mean.

any info anyone. All the Toyota codes I've looked up start with P
TR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google suggests abs sensor fault and power steering motor for the last code
Saudi1234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

c1223 can be brake light switch
Saudi1234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

c1223 can be brake light switch
the other vgrs code its the steering wheel may need re calibrating ,try disconecting battery then drive amile it may resetmlook on ih8mud for further info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: