Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

landcruiser 120 sat-nav upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flappy chicken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 14:03    Post subject: landcruiser 120 sat-nav upgrade Reply with quote

hi all,

i am quite new here and i have an LC5 2003. i wanted to upgrade my satnav with a new system from this web site:

toyota-mapupdates

however i do not know where the original cd/satnav unit is located so that i can take out the map disk and put in a new one.

P.S. i have heard that its located under the front passenger seat but i on first instance i cant find it there.

plz help,

many thanks,
flappy chicken
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 14:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lometun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 21:53    Post subject: Satnav disc location Reply with quote

It is in fact under the drivers seat. Slide the seat all the way forward and then look around the back, with the key in it should eject although mine had a fault where it wouldn't eject and I had to take it apart, I hope yours is more straight forward.
PhilMcConnachie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 21:43    Post subject: Re: landcruiser 120 sat-nav upgrade Reply with quote

flappy chicken wrote:
hi all,

i am quite new here and i have an LC5 2003. i wanted to upgrade my satnav with a new system from this web site:

toyota-mapupdates

however i do not know where the original cd/satnav unit is located so that i can take out the map disk and put in a new one.

P.S. i have heard that its located under the front passenger seat but i on first instance i cant find it there.

plz help,

many thanks,
flappy chicken

I don't know the website you have mentioned.  However, I got an updated disk from a place in Birmingham which seemed to be loads cheaper than going through Toyota.  Turns out they were a hoax, took my money and sent me a duff disk.  Recall they were called "Satnavi".  I eventually got the money back but I know others were not so lucky.  

I then paid full whack (£120 or so) and got the latest disk from Toyota.  A lot of money but is fully up to date now.

Disk is under the driver's seat.  You have to take off a little plastic panel and there is an eject button.
wolfy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 19:15    Post subject: latest map ? Reply with quote

running the gen3 satnav in my 2007 lc5 cruiser....

just had a look at the disk and its 86271 53030
                                                86271 60V660J
                                                2005 2006 ver1

ive had a look o the update site but it doesnt seam to like my numbers.....although this is a correct toyota disk,,,,

the site asks for a letter after all the numbers....if i dont add anything it suggests an update....but if i add an "A" which is on the disk then no update is shown

anyone know if this is the lastest map ?

thanks

Toyota Colorado for 14yrs ! Smile
Toyota Landcruiser LC5 2007
wolfy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 19:20    Post subject: latest map ? Reply with quote

running the gen3 satnav in my 2007 lc5 cruiser....

just had a look at the disk and its 86271 53030
                                                86271 60V660J
                                                2005 2006 ver1

ive had a look o the update site but it doesnt seam to like my numbers.....although this is a correct toyota disk,,,,

the site asks for a letter after all the numbers....if i dont add anything it suggests an update....but if i add an "A" which is on the disk then no update is shown

anyone know if this is the lastest map ?

thanks

wolfy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen this

https://satnavupgrade.com/products/toyota-tns600-tns700-navigation-map-update-dvd-pz445-x03eu-0n?variant=16698823180377

for £20 !!!!  seams cheap ??

wolfy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen this

https://satnavupgrade.com/products/toyota-tns600-tns700-navigation-map-update-dvd-pz445-x03eu-0n?variant=16698823180377

for £20 !!!!  seams cheap ??

Masterblaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

latestsatnav.co.uk
found this site useful, bought upgrade for £29.99, works ok so far
Juddian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather spend a few quid on a decent Garmin stand alone satnav, Toyota's system of the the era of our vehicles is just not fit for purpose, why they made it so bloomin complicated in an industrial design vehicle is a mystery.
stonecutter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterblaster wrote:
latestsatnav.co.uk
found this site useful, bought upgrade for £29.99, works ok so far

How's the sat nav? Is it still working ok? I was looking for an upgrade myself. Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: