4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Cigarette lighters no longer working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlgregory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:57    Post subject: Cigarette lighters no longer working Reply with quote

Hello,
Both cigarettes lighters have stopped working on by 90 1998 swb Colorado.
I have checked all fuses and seem fine, and is nothing obviously wrong with the wiring.
Any suggestions to what might be causing this issue?
If I can’t get this sorted I think I will hard wire in a usb multi port adapter (for an upcoming camping trip), where would I be best pulling the live for this from?
Regards
Nick
Ps I did have a search of the forum as I am sure this has probably been covered before but couldn’t find anything.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find an inline fuse behind the sockets, well they did on the Hilux Surfs, so assume the same.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
modvrs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of mine had a fusible link type affair built in to the body of the plug. I bypassed them by soldering in a copper wire link.
eurag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have 2 sockets in the front and one in the back? Are none of them working?
Edward

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check, you checked the correct fuses - as far as I know the 2x 20A fuses for the front and Rear PWR Outlets are in the Engine compartment fuse box and the 15A ACC fuse which includes the cigarette lighter is located in the panel near the drivers side leg area. Also note: Key needs to be in ACC or ON position for Cigarette lighter/PWR outlets to be powered. Sorry, if stating the obvious  Wink
nlgregory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I haven’t had chance to pull
Them out again to see if there is an inline fuse I missed first time around.
Would make sense as the socket on the left stopped working before the one on the right.
No rear socket on the swb as far as I’m aware.

Thanks
mks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to replace mine recently. Did the same fuse checks, the 20 amp fuses in the engine compartment were fine. Turned out to be the 15 amp fuse under the dash by the drivers door.
Problem solved. Hope you get it sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: