4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC5 air suspension replacement with springs ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stonecutter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:18    Post subject: LC5 air suspension replacement with springs ??? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I have a 2004 LC5.

Great car want to keep it but!

I have had some intermittent problems with my LC5 air suspension and I am thinking of ripping it all out for the replacement spring package from the likes of Milners?

Has anyone attempted this before? if so, what is the ride like without the air? or any other issues from the swap??

Also if anyone would like to recommend a reliable trustworthy mechanic that knows the Landcruiser in either North London or Hampshire???  

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wooly0000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stonecutter i have an LC3 with no air suspension and the ride is great and very comfortable with no towing issues at all. I know the conversion is ok to do.
stonecutter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooly0000 wrote:
Hi Stonecutter i have an LC3 with no air suspension and the ride is great and very comfortable with no towing issues at all. I know the conversion is ok to do.

Thanks for your input! Cheers
stonecutter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11    Post subject: LC5 air suspension replacement with springs ??? Reply with quote

Anybody else want to chip in with advice or info please feel free!   Wink
stonecutter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 17:08    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Has anybody on the forum done the airbags to springs conversion on a LC 5 ???

Just looking for reassurance that is the way to go! Cheers
stonecutter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57    Post subject: LC5 air to spring conversion Reply with quote

Well I took the plunge, I've had all the suspension replaced using the kit that comes complete from Milners off road.

I am pleased to say that it rides the lumps and bumps of the road much better now than before.

My mechanic showed me the old front shocks saying it would have failed the next MOT.

As one of the front adjustable coil springs had snapped about 2 coils down from the top and also one of the sway bar links was knackered.

Despite having replaced all this  it still hasn't cured the wandering problem!🤔

And then last night on my way to work my hands free parrot decided to shut down and also the heating wasn't working only blowing cold air?

I thought maybe a fuse had blown, Then on my way home from work this morning the parrot just fired up on its own and the heating also came on and then went off again?

Any suggestions I would be greatful??? Cheers
stonecutter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:59    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

stonecutter wrote:
Has anybody on the forum done the airbags to springs conversion on a LC 5 ???

Just looking for reassurance that is the way to go! Cheers

Well I took the plunge, I've had all the suspension replaced using the kit that comes complete from Milners off road.

I am pleased to say that it rides the lumps and bumps of the road much better now than before.

My mechanic showed me the old front shocks saying it would have failed the next MOT.

As one of the front adjustable coil springs had snapped about 2 coils down from the top and also one of the sway bar links was knackered.

Despite having replaced all this  it still hasn't cured the wandering problem!🤔

And then last night on my way to work my hands free parrot decided to shut down and also the heating wasn't working only blowing cold air?

I thought maybe a fuse had blown, Then on my way home from work this morning the parrot just fired up on its own and the heating also came on and then went off again?

Any suggestions I would be greatful??? Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: