All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP! Faultcode P1215

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 21:05    Post subject: HELP! Faultcode P1215 Reply with quote

LC 2001 1KD-FTV. D4D

Run 250 000 km. Stopped the car after normal driving. No indications or abnormal behavier up to this point. Started the car one hour later and now there was no respons on the throotle and the engine was running bad. Only running on idle possible and there is engineknocking because of pore dieseldistribution. It is shacking and vibrating. (it is not mechanical damage)
Pulled faultcode P1215 "EDU-Malfunction"
This is done:
All wiring between EDU-unit and ECU checked (resistans messured and checked for short)
All wiring between injectors and edu checked (resistans messured and checked for short)
Power and ground to EDU checked. OK!
Resistans measured on injectors. All similar and ok! 0.9 ohms
SCV- Valves replaced
EDU-unit replaced twice. Both second hand. No change! Chance that both is faulty is low.
Rail pressure ok. 60 Mpasc
Temp sensor ok
Read RPM on diagnostic, so crankshaft sensor ok.
Can not read injectors.... opning jsut say 0. Related fault?

Sometimes the engine can run(only bad on idle) for minutes and do not generate the kode P1215, but most of the times when I start it up, it is logged immidiatly.

Have adressed the issue to several Toyota deales (I work in the car industri) and no one can say what is causing this.

To those who want to suggest spill valve, this function is not present on the 1 KD-FTV, this is common Rail, not mechanical injectors. It`s a D4D engine.
I now dont know what more I can do. Replacing the ecu generates a lot of issues with programing and so on.

It must be others that have the first generation D-4D in a Landcruiser and have experiensed this?

All suggestions are good suggetions. Except spill valve Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

locodriver65

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:44    Post subject: Engine Problem. Reply with quote

Hi,

You may have fixed the problem by now.

I had a problem with the engine in my 1997 Colorado.  The  truck was OK last time I drove it.   But this time the engine would not run well misfire, no power and kept stopping.

problem was found to be the diesel / water filters.  These were changed no problems since.

Hope you sort it

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: