All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Cosmic void at 3.900 rpm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chabal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:24    Post subject: Cosmic void at 3.900 rpm... Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

i am a new user from Italy, seeking help with my TOYOTA.
It's a KDJ 95 from 2001, got used a few weeks ago with 230,000 KMs.
Just out of a mega-service (distribution, oils, air-oil-diesel filters, clutch).

Here's the problem:
At 3,900rpm, in any gear, as well as in neutral, there is a cosmic void. The car does not push, and even with the accelerator at the end of the stroke it does not increase revs, but slowly loses them. Then it remains "out of tune" for a few seconds, giving various gaps between 2000 and 3500.
In a classic overtaking situation it is clearly not pleasant ...
He doesn't sigh, it's just like he's not responding to the accelerator.
No lights on.

Originally it was thought of dirty diesel, so it was done:
-Change diesel filter.
-Tank, float and ducts cleaning -> a lot of slime and sand came out. A lot.
-Cleaning the mass air flow sensor with a specific product, then test by disconnecting it.
-Cleaning of electrical contacts in sight.

At first it seemed that everything was getting better, then he started again with the same problem.

Nothing abnormal turns up with a digital diagnosis (not in TOYOTA by the way).

My turbine actuator, with only the ignition on does not move, as soon as I start the engine it moves and remains fixed. As soon as I turn it off, it goes back.

I haven't cleaned the collectors yet, and I don't have EGR excluded.

What do you tell me?
What to check first now?
I am trying to understand if it still worth working on this car or not...hoping it's just a minor problem.

Thanks a lot to those who want to help me!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: