Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Getting Genuine Toyota Bits via Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56    Post subject: Getting Genuine Toyota Bits via Internet Reply with quote

I am fed up with my nearest (10+ miles) Toyota Dealer as a source of parts for my LC100.

First of all they usually require 2 visits to get anything. The first is to discuss the order and the second to collect. Why not order over the phone? Well, you have to spend 10 minutes after dialing their number pressing 1, 2, 3 etc only to be told that 'no-one is available in the parts department at present, please call again later.' Confused

This means that getting a part like a gasket or lock washer (I recently adjusted the front wheel bearings) takes two round trips - 50 miles, uses 8+ litres of diesel and takes up 2-3 hours (depending on traffic.

If I could order - reliably - over the internet, the delivery charge would be about £5 and would take up no more than half an hour of my time. Also, I might get the parts cheaper than my local dealer wants to supply.

I know where to get non-Toyota parts. It's the fiddly bits that only a dealer can normally supply that are the problem.

So, does anyone know of a good internet supplier of genuine Toyota bits at reasonable prices? Preferably in the UK although I have just purchased a wheel bearing spanner from Australia (which cost about £12 to deliver but only £22 in total!). So perhaps I should look outside the UK if the prices are good.

Any thoughts?

Willy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: