NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Torque for Nuts on Rear Shock Absorbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:16    Post subject: Torque for Nuts on Rear Shock Absorbers Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a KZJ90 ( 1997  Colorado  3 door )

One off my rear shock absorber snapped the top bar ( where the top nut was )

I want to replace it and have a pair of shock absorbers from Milners. But I do not have any manuals and know that the bottom nut should be Torqued.
I cannot find any reliable Torque number for it.

Does any one know what it should be.

I have never done this before and will be doing it by myself. So any other helpful advice welcome.

Many thanks

Mark.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

locodriver65

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 15:47    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hi
When I changed mine I had a load of trouble undoing that top nut.  So I cut the shocks off.

You will find screwing that nut difficult to get to. So just tighten it up, but don't murder it, that should do the trick.

Good luck

Paul
DaveWall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the manual

Rear Suspension

Lower Shock Absorber Retaining Nut 650 kg-cm 47 ft-lb 64 nm
 Top Shock Absorber Nut 200 kg-cm 14 ft-lb 20 nm

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: