Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

laning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 22:33    Post subject: laning Reply with quote

As yet my LC has not been off road much more than grass and rutted roads.

Can anyone give me advice as to how to find green lanes in and around the South Essex, South Hertfordshire or North Kent areas?

I am simply surious about this potential new passtime so any help would be very welcome  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 22:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Cal

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way (though can be quite laborious) is to get the OS maps for the areas you want - I tend to use 1:25,000 but only really cos I already have a few maps from walking.

Look for the lanes with green crosses running down them as they are byways.

Also, I don't know if all counties do it, but Surrey have a very good interactive map that shows all the rights of way on - but still best to check with the local rights of way officer to see if the lanes are open.

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/sccwebsite/sccwspages.nsf/LookupWebPagesByTITLE_RTF/Surrey+Interactive+Map

If you check out the area around Gomshall and Shere on the Surrey map above you will see a few lanes there - I know it doesn't help for where you live but gives you the idea of what to look out for.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.... it is just the sort of information I was looking for  Smile
Cal

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs at all - nice to be able to help on here for a change - all I need now is a landcruiser of my own!  Laughing
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Green lanes:
It may be worth a gentle enquiry at the County Council's Offices because each county does have an officer responsible for green lanes. He should have maps and knowledge of the lanes that are accessable.
Pheonix, have you seen the exchanges in the 80 forum under `dirty day out'? I ask 'cos you seem keen on a get together, as I am.
Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Roy03

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:59    Post subject: Greenlaning Reply with quote

Hi have a look at KLAss, the Kent laning associations website they might be doing some lanes in north Kent
Roy
James1966

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

are you still looking for some lanes, I live in the same area and have been driveing a few recently that are resonably close, makes a good day out, lots of fun to be had if you dont mind getting the car dirty.
May be we could get together
Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

James1966 wrote:
Hi

are you still looking for some lanes, I live in the same area and have been driveing a few recently that are resonably close, makes a good day out, lots of fun to be had if you dont mind getting the car dirty.
May be we could get together

Sounds like a good idea.... I am not worried about the car getting dirty but I will not take it through deep water and it must not get scratched Smile

Please get back to me and I reckon we can meet up Very Happy
fubar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi let me know how you go on, I'm looking fior some day sout too, there is i think Peddars Way in norfolk that make sits way south to suffolk and thetford. may be a bit far though.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

fubar wrote:
hi let me know how you go on, I'm looking fior some day sout too, there is i think Peddars Way in norfolk that make sits way south to suffolk and thetford. may be a bit far though.

Hi Fubar.... Have a look here mate and let me know if you are interested in joining in.

http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=50407
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: