Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Remote central locking blipper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:57    Post subject: Remote central locking blipper Reply with quote

Hi Does anyone know how to get a brand new Toyota remote central locking blipper up and running with my 1997 Colorado so that  I can paying half an hours labour to the highway men at my local Toyota dealership? Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try reading these

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/alarminfo/alarminfo.htm

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_alarm_manual.htm
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
kempy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nightwalker,
                      what you need to do is hold down both buttons at the same time for 2 seconds,this will reset the key fob with the alarm frequency, it says this in the manual and after taking mine to toyota twice and being charged £50 a pop they decided it was only fair to tell me how to do it.
hope this helps
Nightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. Thank you. All I need to do now is find the location of the alarm ECU which is not under any of the seats as in the diagrams.
Nightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kempy"]Hi Nightwalker,
                      what you need to do is hold down both buttons at the same time for 2 seconds,this will reset the key fob with the alarm frequency, it says this in the manual and after taking mine to toyota twice and being charged £50 a pop they decided it was only fair to tell me how to do it.
hope this helps[/quote]

I was a bit shocked when they wanted to charge me to do this. I've also got a Subaru and a new Subarau blipper is only about £30 and the parts guys fall over themselves to set them up free of charge. Cheers. N
stoke bloke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:59    Post subject: new remote Reply with quote

Sad  bought a new (secondhand) remote for my 99 colorado but cant get the car to recognise it at all. bought instructions from auction site ( unlock door 5 times,re-lock 5 times remove key etc,etc) but still cant get it to work.   kempy, tried the method you described but that doe'snt work either.  
my existing remote is verry erratic and can have you walking around the car for 10 minutes pressing the remote before it lets you in despite several new batteries. could do with sorting it before winter gets here. Rolling Eyes
DaveWall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had this problem with the spare key fob that was with the Colorado we bought - I did the hold two buttons down trick, and it worked....  It was too easy, I'm guessing the fob has to have the right code on it for this to work, I doubt any old fob off e bay would work - it would need to be programmed up to the ECU

Dave
johnnyh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

the 'open door 5 times' thing is for programming a key, not a remote fob.

to program a fob you must find the alarm ecu. could be under the centre console or mine was behind the stereo, zip-tied to a metal bar.
anyway, find it and drill out the rivet to remove the cover over the microswitches and you will see a reset button. press the reset button and the red led by the steering column will light up which means you've got 5 secs to press the lock button on your new fob to sync it with the ecu. i think it is the lock buttton but if that doesn't work then press both buttons at the same time. anyway, if it accepts the fob it will flash the indicators once.

you should have all your fobs on hand and after pressing the reset button do all the fobs one after the other, within 5 secs of each other, and that's it!

mine colorado system has been done a few times because the central locking plays up a lot but after resetting all the fobs again it seems to work fine for a few weeks.

good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: