NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

UK reg for Asian market J80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:54    Post subject: UK reg for Asian market J80 Reply with quote

So,

It might be wise for me to bring my old bus to UK and get it registered there to avoid all the hassle I get out here in this place using local plates.

First supplied to the UN in 92 this car was originally Asian spec. ie. no 'E' numbers on the lights, no rear fog light and of course LHD.

I have fitted a rear fog light, and its got all the seat belts etc. etc. So does anyone know what else I might have to do to get it UK registered please ?

I do know a littkle bit about Jap imports as I run a Jap registered '89 Pajero that I keep in UK (yes am on the Paj list too Very Happy ). And it has a km speedo.

I have been told that a car over 10 years old that is already a personal possession can be imported and registered with little formality from DVLA, is that true ?

Cheers

Jon

1988 Pajero 2.5td in UK
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jon the HZJ80 is a great car which is quite numerous in Aust The military,power and phone utilities,and the mining companies by these by the boat load.I dont know how different the UK laws are but in oz we have to remove the tyres from asian imports because they dont have a speed rating written on the tyre although we can legally put them back on later.Another thing is the concave/convex ?mirror which is also a no no.
Any suspension mods have to be reverted back to stock as well.
There is a new model out now which is designated a HZJ105.I saw one being lic by an old timer who had just bought it at an auction from the navy for a song.My next car
jon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rosco,

Yes we love the old truck to bits and its done us well for 2 and half years now. As long as I need a LHD I can't see I will change it unless I have to go and work somewhere outlandish like Mongolia Smile

Cos I didn't get a quick response to my query here (though this is a young list as yet) I posted on the Pajero forum and got a lot of info which has been helpful. It seems the 10 year old rule is my key to an easy life in registering. Otherwise I will do a Vanuatu registration, quite a lot of aid workers seem to be going that way, especially to avoid all the taurus faeces of running a car in S.E.Europe.

That's and thanks for your help (maybe see you on 80scool too)

Jon
In snowy Bosnia - 6ins last night

1988 Pajero 2.5td in UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: