2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue - Which Database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auspuff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 16:10    Post subject: Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue - Which Database? Reply with quote

Gents,

Searched the TLOCUK website in vain.  I've downloaded the "ToyotaEPC_base.zip" (Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue) file from "bauchan dot org's" excellent site but need some guidance as to which of the databases (E1, E2, J1-J4...Europe 1 & 2...Japan 1-4) is pertinent to the KZJ90/95 series (imported) Prado please?

Not an idle question as there are 6 files available in the "DVD 2002" directory, each in the 250Mb (zipped) league!  J1 & J2 seem to be Surf related.

Others must surely have gone boldly before...any clues please?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 16:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Auspuff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 36 hrs of downloading, I can now answer my own question!

If you download the DVD, 2002 version of the EPC, you only need the "J1.zip" (Japan 1) file (260,833Kb) for the "Landcruiser Prado", KDJ9x, KZJ9x, RZJ9x, and VZJ9x series.

When unzipped to the "C:\TMCMSTW2" folder (that is automatically created when you run the installation), it sits as "C:\TMCMSTW2\J1" but is interpreted by the EPC as Japanese area version "A1 Hard Disk 12/13/'00" on the "CD Setup" menu option and appears to work.

If you are masochistic and insist on downloading the (E)uropean database as well. you only need "E1" and this, too, is unzipped to the "C:\TMCMSTW2" folder as "C:\TMCMSTW2\E1", and covers the European KDJ9x, KZJ9x, and VZJ9x series.

Me?  I was just stupid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: