Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2004 landcruisers (UK)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 0:50    Post subject: 2004 landcruisers (UK) Reply with quote

Any body know when the the power output for the diesels went up to 161 hp, and then up to 163 hp?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 0:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy an Invincible instead and you will get 201bhp Smile
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phoenix,

Is that from the std 3.0 D4D engine?
Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

uk_vette wrote:
Hi Phoenix,

Is that from the std 3.0 D4D engine?

Yes ity is standard as far as the mechanical parts are concerned. The Invincible model is chipped to give it a higher power output. I think that Toyota do some for of chip kit as an aftermarket part, I'm not sure it would bump the power up to 200bhp though Confused
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i've had my 3lt hilux chipped,they say its now over 200hp,it certainly goes well,and an improvement in fuel too.The invincible spec has changes a lot this year, from an LC4 spec with a few extras,to an LC5 spec to a few extras, and now to LC5 again(air suspension,full screen sat nav)plus darkened windows,headlamps and front grill, abit more wood,and audio controls on steering wheel.As far as i know they arent chipped as standard,but is available.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony.... you don't reckon your Invincible is chipped Confused Thats a shame, I can only think that there had to be a slight trade off in order to get a few more goodies on the car and still keep it at a sensible price although I still think a retail of about £37000 is too much. Ypu have done the chipping thing with your Hilux.... make sure you get the LC done as well as luxury and power make for a nice blend Very Happy
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will find out,it certainly goes well enough,but are you saying yours was part of the invincible extras.My toyota garage had the same as yours and that was chipped too,but not sure about the newer ones.Will ask tomorrow.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was chipped as standard.

Before Toyota upgraded the Invincible they were selling them as chipped to 201bhp as standard. I can only think they have stopped doing this now Confused
Oldage Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No don't think they are chipped anymore, mine is quoted at 173 hp. looking at the toy site now it looks like they have dropped the LC5 in favor of the invincible. when I got mine you could have either (for the same money) so it was a no brainer.
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:18    Post subject: Three Invincibles Reply with quote

There seem to have been three invincibles:

First Edition: June 2006, 201 BHP
5-door, 8-seat Land Cruiser Invincible from June 2006 has Toyota's 3.0-litre D-4D engine and five-speed automatic transmission with more power and torque. Output increased from 164 to 201bhp (166 to 204 DINhp) and torque from 410 to 470Nm, giving stronger load-pulling and off-road driving ability and more flexible and comfortable on-road performance. 0 to 62mph down from 11.2 to 10.8 seconds. Top speed, fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions unchanged at 109mph, 31.4mpg (combined cycle) and 243g/km. Dark tinted rear privacy glass and dedicated 'Invincible' badging. Spare under the vehicle, instead of the tailgate. 500 are available, priced on-the-road at £34,565.

Second Edition: May 2007, 173 BHP
Invincible top of the range 8-seater from May 2007 has Sequoia leather seats, full-map satnav, dual zone climate control, electric heated front seats, plus rear privacy glass and DVD player with two headrest mounted screens. £38,495 (£500 more than LC5).

Third Edition: October 2007, 173 BHP
From October 2007 Invincible replaced LC5 as top of the range model. Standard specification includes Bluetooth, rear parking monitor, black wood trim inserts, a leather and wood multi-function steering wheel, privacy glass and dark-finish headlamps, grille and alloy wheels. Available with 3.0 D-4D diesel and 4.0 VVT-i petrol engines. Spec also includes 17-inch alloy wheels, full-map satellite navigation with Electronic Traffic Avoidance, Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (TEMS), nine-speaker sound system with six-disc CD changer and dual-zone climate control with independent front and rear controls.

I found that most Toyota dealers don't seem to know the three editions.  And even saw one dealer trying to sell an LC4 to which someone has fitted tints and a power chip as an official invincible - I turned it down because it would have cost me so much extra to insure.

Some first editions didn't get registered until about Mar 2007.  You can put the license plate into the DVLA license fee site to check which you have - a 201 BHP model gives 243g and a 173 BHP model gives 238g.
df1603

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to get my 53 LC4 chipped as well? Any ideas? Should I look for an aftermarket product (link?) or perhaps ask my Toyota dealer for a kit?
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota do sell an after market power chip. I have no idea of price but if I was looking for this type of item I would prefer to buy a genuine Toyota part Smile
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the power chip would be suitable for my 2005 (05) ?

Looks like I have the 163

Cost wise, how much roughly
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look here for the power chip

Not cheap but you might regard it as worth is considering you could get a further 33bhp with a possiblity of better mpg Smile
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not cheap,

But £395.00 ain't the end of the world, esp. when you consider just how much fuel cost now days.

Probably well worth it, just for the fuel economy without the big power inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: