4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

prado/colorado , whats the dif?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cicsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 17:13    Post subject: prado/colorado , whats the dif? Reply with quote

hi, im new here so excuse the topic choise but i`m in the process of looking for a reliable 4x4 to tow my caravan,my question is apart from the big price gap what is the main difererence between the prado and the colorodo,power ? parts? intercooler/standard deisel? any problems to look out for, i`d go for the 3.0l td and have seen several aged around 1997/1999 in my price range,any information regarding ecconomy etc would be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance   cicsy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 17:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Prado is the Malyasian built equivelant of the Colorado and sells mainly in the far east and Australia.

The Colorado is built for the Euro markets and the US and Canada.

Someone with a bit more knowledge feel free to correct me.

Differences??

Toyota dealers might not service if for you, although my Prado has been serviced by Toyota UK.

Prado's are considered to be a grey import.

I think basically though they are the same vehicle both mechanically and cosmetically with just a few minor differences.

Speedo on the Prado is in KMH as opposed to MPH, no great hassle.

Some insurers wont touch the Prado, not sure why??? I'm with Direct Line and they have no problems with it.

Thats about all I can think off????

Oh yeah best towing vehicle Ive owned to date.

Cant comment on the diesel as mine is Petrol/LPG but I know there are some cylinder head issues with the diesels.

On mine £30 LPG gets me 300 miles.
mike t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I have a 96 prado 3.0 TX. prado has an intercooler, Colorado does not. Prados usually have a better spec, sunroof, roof bars, chrome mirrors from and rear air con etc. My local Toyota dealer says they dont service them because the ECU software is in japenese![yeah, right!]. Imported prados can be in better condition underneath but watch out for clocking as its rife with imports.History easier to verify with a colorado. Mine gets 23-25 around the doors and 28-30 on a run, about 20 with the {23 foot] caravan on. Go for a pre 2001 for the cheaper tax and pre 97 for pre cat. {full axhaust for mine, no cat £210 at Kwik Fit]. Best vehicle I ve ever owned so good luck, you wont be dissapointed with either one.
cicsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 16:21    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for that guys, very helpfull, still have`nt found the right one yet but at least i`m better informed when i do! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: