Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Filling diesel fuel tank - splash back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 18:48    Post subject: Filling diesel fuel tank - splash back! Reply with quote

Can anyone help? When I fill my 97 Colorado, the fuel splashes back up the filler pipe. Only way to fill without wasting fuel and having to wash my clothes, is to fill slowly!

Any bright ideas?

Snowed in of Cumbria  Very Happy

Richard Hine

Landcruiser Colorado 1997 VX TD Auto
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 18:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DJR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I've had that problem..

You're not filling up at an HGV pump, are you? They have a faster flowrate than car/van pumps. It's not always obvious hat it IS an HGV pump, though!
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine fills fine. My Avensis is a pig as have many cars that I've owned. But the Colorado really is a simple pipe. Underneath the wheel arch, there is a plastic access panel. There are 4 plastic plugs that you need to prise out. This will give you easy access to the filler neck. Have a look there to see if there are any problems. The filler pipe is simple rubber and held on with a jubilee clip at either end. There are no anti siphon parts in there. The valve is in the neck of the tank. It flips through 90 degs when filling, but flaps shut if you tip over to stop fuel spilling out. It maybe that this is stuck and not allowing fuel to flow quickly. Have you tried to siphon out fuel at any point? It maybe that the flap has become damaged. Take the pipe off and use a mirror and torch (or a candle of course!!!) to see the flap. There simply isn't anything else in the filler system.

LC
rhine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for suggestions, will check it outon the way back to the laundrette

Landcruiser Colorado 1997 VX TD Auto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: