2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

"Buzz" - My LJ70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dSIco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24    Post subject: "Buzz" - My LJ70 Reply with quote

About time I popped some pics of my truck up...

It's taken me a while, but I have grown to love it after having a Disco for 4 years...

Wouldn't mind more power though...  Thinking about intercooling, coupled with a better exhaust and K&N air filter...
Also wouldn't mind 33" tyres, custom bumpers, decent full length roof rack, better front seats and fitting a decent stereo...

Apart from that, it's perfect!!

Si
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mbw13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 4by mate! First black one I've seen  Shocked

What size powerplant is it running?

I'm looking at different power-up options as well. Must admit I'm very hesitant to change the exhaust despite there being many pros to a change. Don't mind the engine sound changing, but can't bring myself to gambling $800 on possibly having a bl*ody boy racer racket coming out the back end. Still looking on YouTube for 1KZ engines running a bigger exhaust, needle in a haystack I'm affriad.

Better front seats? One of the gripes people have had when driving my wagon is they reckon the seat is too far forward, until they realize that it's already full way back, lol  Very Happy  I'm bang on 6ft so it's perfect.

Mike.
dSIco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is running a 2-LT unit.  4cyl 2.4td.  Only produces about 89bhp though...  Compared to near 140bhp I was running in my modified Discovery...

I am getting used to the seats these days. I may change them, then again, it all costs money doesn't it?
mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

dSIco wrote:
It is running a 2-LT unit.  4cyl 2.4td.  Only produces about 89bhp though...  Compared to near 140bhp I was running in my modified Discovery...

I am getting used to the seats these days. I may change them, then again, it all costs money doesn't it?

Umm yeh that would be quite some change powerwise changing over like that  Shocked  Speaking from experience myself, went from a 3.9 Disco, to a 2.8 TDI pre 1990 Isuzu Irmscher.

Money, yes, cars do seem to be a bottomless pit of demand on money - in saying that, the Landcruiser has got to be the cheapest, most reliable, cost effective in every area vehicle I've owned. Costs bu*ger all to run, the parts are cheap and easy to find, the labour charge for getting any work done is 5 eighths (5/8) of fu*k all because everything is so easy to get to and change.

Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: