4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

differences between lc4 and lc5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boonie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 17:31    Post subject: differences between lc4 and lc5 Reply with quote

am considering seling my lc5 manual o3 plate and replaceing it with lc4 auto on 04 plate.interested to know what i would be loseing,ie gadgets interior spec,performance etc.or would i be gaining as the lc4 would be a newer model.any advice or info would be much appreciated.thanks matt.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea! But, take a look at the proposed new one, and have a look! Shocked

1996 3.0 tdi Prado Import.  Gone!!
marlot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main difference is the suspension - the LC5 has the air rear suspension but the LC4 has conventional springs.  One of the reasons I bought an LC4 (I plan to keep it long term).

The other difference you'll notice is the horrible satnav in the LC4 - Mine is a later full-screen version.  But there are penty of double-DIN satnav/radios on the market if you want to replace it.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, air suspension ?

Perhaps good to stick to proper springs, look at the trouble LR are having !

But then again, they are having trouble with everything ! Rolling Eyes
boonie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your replys,do you think im being unrealistic but my idea was to sell my 03 lc5 manual and get a 04 lc4 auto for the same sort of money.rang a few dealers yesterday but of course they came out with all the spill you would expect,their car was worth top money cause it was an 04 but mine was that much older and so on.
marlot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to give a bit more info, but assuming both are similar mileage, why would a dealer want to trade?  I'd have said an LC4 auto is easier to sell than an LC5 manual, even if they were identical, so what's in it for them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: