All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Last minute advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggis100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51    Post subject: Last minute advice? Reply with quote

Right then fella's,
I'm setting off round Europe for 3 weeks tomorrow in my '77 FJ45. Think I've got it all sorted but I thought I would throw it open to the forum to remind me of anything I've overlooked. Don't be afraid to state the "bleeding obvious" as my head has been swimming this last week so I could have missed anything! Also anyone know of places in Germany, Italy or France that break cruisers or have a reputation for spares? Haven't told the girlfriend but a day in a European LC scrappers would be a welcome diversion.
Cheers
Matt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cancel the milk and papers?

Seriously, take the web address and your login details so that if you get into a fix, you can get on the site, mail us and we will try and help. International Rescue!

Have a great trip

LC
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you packed:-

a first aid kit (German requirement)
warning triangle (Italian requirement)
spare bulbs (French requirement)?

Apart from that - Good Luck!

Willy
120man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIGH VISIBILTY VEST

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/compulsory_equipment.html

Wearing, compulsory if driver and/or passenger(s) exits vehicle immobilised on carriageway, in Italy at night or in poor visibility, in Spain on all motorways and busy roads. In Croatia the wearing is compulsory whenever you have to get out of the vehicle at the roadside in an emergency. In Portugal and Norway the actual law applies to residents; however, regardless of the regulations local officials may impose an on-the-spot fine. In Belgium the wearing of the reflective jacket only applies to the driver, it must be worn should you be stranded on a Belgian motorway or on a major road or should you stop at a place where parking is not allowed.

In France a law concerning the compulsory carrying of a reflective jacket (EN471) and a warning triangle (ECE R27) in France came into force on 1st July 2008. However, this regulation will not be enforceable with on-the-spot fines until 1st October 2008, when the fine will be between 90 and 135 Euro. The French Road Safety Department has now confirmed that from 1st October 2008 all drivers in France, including drivers of vehicles registered outside of France, must have one warning triangle and one reflective jacket in their vehicle. (the requirement does not apply to two or three-wheeled vehicles). However, we've recently heard reports via our port shops of some British motorists experiencing difficulties and being fined for not carrying reflective jackets. We therefore strongly recommend that motorists visiting France now carry a triangle and at least one reflective jacket inside the car.
Bosvark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land Cruiser spares are more easily available across Europe, just take contact details of Land Cruiser Clubs in the countries you going to visit and they will point you in the right direction.

Italy: http://www.landcruiser-seriek.org/forum/index.php
Germany: http://tlca.org/2008/03/02/cool-german-land-cruiser-web-sites

Might run into you, we are crossing Europe for the next 4 weeks.(Pyrenees, Italy Austria, Switzerland and France)

Enjoy and have loads of fun….. Very Happy  Very Happy

Bosvark
amortens
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:54    Post subject: Used spareparts. Reply with quote

I normally buys 4x4 magazines in germany and in France. That way I will find people selling spare part to my truck. Being able to read German and Frensh helps, but isn't mandatory. Uses my GPS to find the place.

Regards

Arne
haggis100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bosvark I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Thanks to eveyone for the advice. Much appreciated
Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: