Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

THE USE OF DIFFERENTIAL LOCK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronossm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:10    Post subject: THE USE OF DIFFERENTIAL LOCK! Reply with quote

Dear friends of Prado 4X4 and adventurers, I am a new owner of a Prado 120 and I still haven't figure out some issues concerning the Differential lock Baton.

1st In which cases I am supposed to engage it? Only in sand, mud, snow and generally when the vehicle is stack ? or I can engage it earlier before I get stacked ?

2nd When I engage it can I turn the wheels? Not at all, a little (11-13)? or I can turn them but not completely? I have heard all three theories and I don't know what to do.

3d I can engage the differential lock with high as well as with low transmitions in my gear box?

4th With how many km/h I can engage it? Or the car must be stopped?

I will be very grateful if you can help me with this issue...

P.S. Please excuse my English... ( I am from beautiful Greece)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

timbo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the LC3 is the same but I remember correctly diff lock is only to used to get out of mud, snow, sand etc, and should be disengaged as soon as you are free. Can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to turn the wheel, but it might make steering the vehicle more difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: