Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

does anyone know where the ecu unit for the tvss system is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a13bee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 17:56    Post subject: does anyone know where the ecu unit for the tvss system is Reply with quote

hi to all i have a 1994 4.2td vx lwb and need to reprogram my new remote fob but i dont know where to start looking for the tvss ecu unit to push the reprogram button to do the new fob and the dealers want crazy money can anybody tell me where it is and how to get to it also does anybody have a picture of it so i know what i am looking for my kindest regards to all a13bee/colin. please help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 17:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

H Colin, still not sorted, Buddy? Obviously I don't have an 80 but I have the TVSS on my 90. The thing that you should be looking for is (should be) about the size of a pack of 10 fags. It has very little in the way of features. Mine was covered with a bendy metal shield. The front had some little flipper switches for setting some code etc. and a reset button that you push with a pen. Mine was tie wrapped to the space frame in the dash behind the radio right against the bulkhead. Look for something non standard. I understand that whilst a Toyota standard fit, there were all added after the factory by an agent for Toyota. Mine didn't even have a sticker on it.
If you find a black box with a dial saying + and - on it, that's the sensitivity setting NOT the TVSS ECU.

Best of luck

LC
Towpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the later 80's it is underneath the centre console/armrest between the seats.Sure I've read somewhere that on the earlier one's it was underneath the dash somewhere around the glovebox area.

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
a13bee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys its not under the center consoles took the gove box out and its not there either so went to halfords today to have a cd player fitted the guy took the dash out to fit the player and we couldnt still find the bloody thing so for now i have given up on the idea i will carry on locking it with the key but thanks to all for the help great forum cheers guys
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behind the kick panels, not sure what side.
Spanners

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the passenger seat. Move it as far forward as it will go and you will see it, a black box 4/5 inches square.

Cheers

Martin
a13bee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

him martin thats just the sensitivity box mines got a plus and minus its not the tvss ecu but thanks for your help anyway regards a13bee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: