NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice on Landcruiser Colorado........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny L

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:21    Post subject: Advice on Landcruiser Colorado........ Reply with quote

I'm currently looking to purchase a Toyota Colorado VX/GX 3.0TD LWB. I've a few to look at over the next couple of months and would like to find out if there's particular things I should be looking out for with these vehicles(maybe significant engine upgrades and so on) I've never read bad reports but thought it wise to find out off folks who know before splashing out the hard earned cash.

Thanks in advance for any help with this........

Johnny
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fourbefour

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 22:48    Post subject: Prado ? Reply with quote

Depends on what you are spending which will dictate the model. Mine is a 97 prado GX import and I must say its the best 4X4 I have ever had. It has uprated suspension, sat nav, stainless exhaust system, tinted windows the list goes on.
What do you want to spend ?
Johnny L

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent it now. I found a 98 (S) Colorado 5dr GX for £11500, bit more than I wanted to spend but it's near mint, I'm very happy. No upgrades though, yet! I spend plenty time in North Wales and The Lakes so I need to go on a 4x4 training day to learn some basics, not thatI'll be putting it through the paces but nice to know what it's capable of and be able to handle it if I needed to.

Wasn't aware that it was a timing chain and not a belt. Does the belt they change at 60,000m go to the injection pump, I have a report/recipt with the vehicle that says timing chain was checked at 60,000m and was fine but there was a belt changed????

Cheers

Johnny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: