2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80s - Tail-gate Lids - strengthen tail-gate, create storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Group buys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugwash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 14:59    Post subject: 80s - Tail-gate Lids - strengthen tail-gate, create storage Reply with quote

Would anyone be interested in buying one of these :

i'm thinking of having a few made up, but won't until i can gauge interest. Won't be the cheapest in the world but hopefully will only be £150-£200 and will provide lots of space in the boot as well as useful strengthening to the drop down boot floor!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 14:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jvoelcker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily I was looking at them on Mud the other night and was thinking about importing them from the guy that was making them over there.

He does a great job and it's useful space for storage, but it will make the tailgate pretty heavy, which was my only concern.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful for storing odds and ends that need to be accessible. If I had one of these, I would keep a torch, spare bulbs and similar bits there. The side pockets in the back of my car are used for these at present but with the back of the car often full of boxes, they can be covered. With this arrangement, whatever you choose to store is immediately available as soon as you drop the tailgate. There wouldn't be a lot of weight involved.

The only problem for me is that I have a 100 and these are for an 80.

Willy
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that it would be a great place for recovery kit.

I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to doone for a 100 series, although I do like the fact that the tailgate on the 100 is so much lighter than the 80s and it would be a shame to spoil that.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
ChrisC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 22:37    Post subject: Nice but...... Reply with quote

Lovely looking bit of kit, and really like the fact that it is made by an LC fan/owner rather than some big conglomerate. However, the cost of the tailgate kit and side locker covers when added up is not cheap - how much storage do you need for £400-500, unless you are struggling to fit kit in for an expedition etc, etc

Chris
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

did these go in to production an what was the finnal cost i would be realy intrested in the future  Very Happy

you have only one life, enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Group buys All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: