All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dummy light cluster on rear of Landcruiser Colorado ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 21:33    Post subject: Dummy light cluster on rear of Landcruiser Colorado ? Reply with quote

Confused I have recently purchased a 1999 Landcruiser Colorado VX (clearly the most important purchase I have ever made). I have notice by a process of elimination the rear light cluster (not integral to the bumper) hold only bulbs for the reverse and fog lamp yet have a red optic above and below which do not hold bulbs. Is this a common feature and has anyone attempted to link these to existing brake lights to enhance safety features ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have a colorado, however i noticed that when following other imported 4x4's the lighting configuration is different in that their are usually no idicators / stop and tail lights in the bumper. I can only assume that japenese manufacturers only have to comply with the minimum uk legislation and are therefore ommiting features such as 2 reverse lights. I have checked the wiring harness and all the functions are wired to the upper lighting clusters with the exception ot the right and left hand indicators. It would therefore be possible to wire all the other functions as even the mouldings are identified where the bulb holders would go but it may be easier to buy a japenese spec harness and light cluster. One reverse light on a £33,000 is a little bit mean of toyota but it really is the only gripe i have on such a fantastic car.
Jon A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:56    Post subject: landcruiser rearlight cluster Reply with quote

Hello my name is jon and i have fitted 4 reverse light`s conversion`s,it is not that hard but very useful,and it is not that expensive either,all you need is a orignal bulb+holder (reverse one) a length of 2 core wire,a length of core protector so it look`s like it has been factory fitted and a soldering gun.It take`s me about 2-3 hour`s varying on which model.If that is any help best regard`s jon IRL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: