All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A few pics of my 1997 Colorado LC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid rubber bands on Land Cruisers just don't do anything for me.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

so wot look do you prefure

i know the one i like

this

or this

landcruisers look as good pimped tastfully on big wheels as they do covered in mud

but if like me you do more road driving than mud pluging as mine was bought as a family car you dont want big muds wuring away on road with your family
in it from norfolk to scotland

when the rubber bands tho mine are 255/60/18 are so much quieter and hold the road far better and so are more suited for that situastion

this is why the rubber banders have two sets of wheels

pimp looks nice and you get comfort wich is part of whot an lc's about

and mud pluggers for fun and short distance as they wear fast on road too

but if we all had the same taste then i think every one on the tloc would own landcruier bigfoots

so its just down to tast big wheels isnt yours but i dont mind them as long as they are not chrome's they do look shit Very Happy  Very Happy

you have only one life, enjoy.
KZJ90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we have different tastes of tyres. I understand quite well big chrome wheels and street tyres too, but I donīt understand whatīs the point of changing tyres smaller (overall diameter)?

senekalaīs 275/40R20 size is about 5 cm (!) smaller than oem 265/70R16. Gearings are too short, speedo is out of scale and so on... So, the right size would be 275/40R22 or 275/50R20 which are near original overall diameter. Thatīs why LC noticed the same thing too:
Quote:
That does look good, but you need some much bigger wheels and tyres in there, man. They look a little urban. They must be 16" I guess, but why do your arches look twice the size of mine?

*water-intercooler + chip
*3" down pipe + exhaust
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine them 40 series tyres will find every pot hole in the road.
There will be no side wall 'give and take'
I am sure on a perfectly flat tarmac road it will be ok.
Any thing like the smaller street roads, and the ridee will be quite uncomfortable
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 16:58    Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

i agree to a piont about the smaller diamiter when i first got my lc it was fitted with 265/70/15 when it should be 265/75/15 it made the speedo about
5mph out at 70mph and had better acceloration

when i corrected the size it lost a small bit of acceloration but that was about it and speedo was only about 3mph out at 70mph

so dont think the slightly smaller tyre will make that much differance

and with the profile of the tyre yes the rubber tyres dont absorb the bumps but with the lc's suspention they absorb bumps-pot holes well or with the weight
of them they will fatten then out of plough tho them lol

but i do know with out the flex in the tyre wall it makes the turn in so much more sharper and makes it feel so much more stable at high speeds its a good
thing on my lc i think and i would

say on my lc too that the lower profile tyres are pefectly comefortable bearing in mind i live in suffolk wich has more country lanes than it fere share and a good deal of single lane trakes but still its a comfortable ride over pot holes ruff roads etc tho that is in an 80 so dont know how the ride would compare Very Happy

this is just my personal opinion and expariance but under stand other ppl's view's

you have only one life, enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: