4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80VX & BJ42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun ZS5WX

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:26    Post subject: 80VX & BJ42 Reply with quote

80 in Botswana last month

Playing with Trokkie

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C - thought your were a Durbs boy??  Se your Trokkie's got a GP plate on it - shame, hey  Wink  Laughing

Cheers
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
Mr C - thought your were a Durbs boy??  Se your Trokkie's got a GP plate on it - shame, hey  Wink  Laughing

Cheers

Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

You'll notice that Shaun is from SA - I know him from another forum, too  Wink   And I was having a go at his geographical location - he lives in Durban, but his 'Trokkie' has a Gauteng Province (GP) number plate, which is a bit like having to drive around with a sticker on you stating you're a loony (or something ...) Durban being the Last Outpost (of the Empire) and Gauteng Province also being known as Gangsta's Paradise and other less salubrious names  Laughing  Laughing  bit of a needle there you see (much like me being from Zim and then Cape Town makes me superlative to both of them run, duck, hide... ) Twisted Evil  Laughing  Besides which, I know his surname, thus the 'Mr C' bit  Wink

Last edited by garystockton on Sun May 10, 2009 19:58; edited 1 time in total
gilghana

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an absolutely superb BJ.  Great.  

I think the South Africans are saying:
Durbs = Durban
GP = Gauteng Province  Very Happy
gilghana

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta type faster!

gilghana wrote:
That is an absolutely superb BJ.  Great.  

I think the South Africans are saying:
Durbs = Durban
GP = Gauteng Province  Very Happy

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha - lay off the Nederberg Baronne - you'll be OK!!  And the temp where you are must be fantastic now  Crying or Very sad   Still only 7 degrees in Edi today, and raining (again - what's new??)

What's your nearest big location - Accra??
gilghana

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that - I am actually just sipping a red from Tulbagh Winery of ZA!  Just in the door from a whole day of underbody wax and stone chip stuff spraying...

Weather here today was a cool 25 (that is cool for here!).  My nearest big place is really Takoradi - that is 4 hours, Accra is 8 hours (400km  Mad ).  We are very rural here but I would rather be a bush cat than a city slicker Very Happy Internet is really our only outside contact... 7 Degrees eh!  Last time I came home (March) we arrived at Edin airport to glorious Spring sunshine which I remarked on to the taxi driver.  "Aye but a cold wind mind"  Laughing Scotland - even when the weather is good we have to see the down side!
Keep well,
Gil
Shaun ZS5WX

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:23    Post subject: 80VX & BJ42 Reply with quote

Ja Gary,

For technical reasons the GP has to stay in place until end October when hopefully I can replace it with 'BJ42 - KZN' but I must admit that driving around here with a GP plate is very  Embarassed . In fact, driving around anywhere with a GP plate is  Embarassed

By the way, weather here as we head fast into mid-winter is a cool 24C with clear skies and light NE wind. The rest of the week looks similar but slightly warmer. Which is why I don't miss Slaapstad (Slaap=Sleep, Stad=City aka cape Town) with the wind and rain and more wind.

Twisted Evil

Thanks for the compliment gilghana  Exclamation
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Re: 80VX & BJ42 Reply with quote

Shaun ZS5WX wrote:

By the way, weather here as we head fast into mid-winter is a cool 24C with clear skies and light NE wind. The rest of the week looks similar but slightly warmer.

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  crybaby  crybaby

Oh well - at least it's a nice day here today - blue skies, stiff wind and a massive high of 14 degrees .... (only about 5 after wind-chill  Confused )

Enjoy the Durbs winter - best time of year to be there IMO

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: