4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Meet for camping weekend down south

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Meet for camping weekend down south Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am new here, having owned my new Land Cruiser Amazon for about 2 weeks now.  I am really keen to get to meet some owners and have a good laugh at the same time, so would anyone here be interested in having a meet up down south for some camping?

I live on the Isle of Wight and I would love to show you all around over here and take anyone who fancies it for a free day of shooting in about 700 acres of lovely land that I have, but I would not want to ask anyone to pay the quite expensive ferry fare, so, I am proposing that it might be nice to see if anyone fancies a weekend meet up and some camping and a few good laughs?  The New Forest is lovely this time of year.
If there are only a couple of people who fancy it, you are welcome to come over here and camp out in some of the nicest scenery in the country with a nice fire at night and have a few days of touring around with some greenlanes thrown in.  As I say, I am more than happy for anyone who shoots to make use of the land with me and take something back for the freezer.
I thought it might be a nice opportunity to get to meet people and for people to get out and about, sitting around a nice roaring fire, with a BBQ and utting your feet up with a few cold ones and some good company.

I dont know if Land Cruiser owners are into this sort of thing, as I come from a strict Land Rover heritage and they (or should I say "we") are very much into that sort of thing and I would quite often put people up for this sort of thing.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on.  Just post here if anyone might be interested.

Best wishes to all

Adam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 22:54    Post subject: Re: Meet for camping weekend down south Reply with quote

Adam wrote:
I dont know if Land Cruiser owners are into this sort of thing, as I come from a strict Land Rover heritage and they (or should I say "we") are very much into that sort of thing and I would quite often put people up for this sort of thing.
Mmm, camping, yep we definately do that! Even if it's windy and raining and January  Wink

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

But only in Wales in January - anywhere else would just be too much hard work  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I'd be keen for that kind of weekend.  Can we round up numptys on the motorway and bring them along to hold the targets?  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil   I'm 'usually' a good shot  Wink

Cheers
Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam,

Sounds pretty good - a quick search suggests ferry fares of £55-60 return, which isn't too bad if that's correct. I'd definitely be up for that - and the shooting is appealing too! What sort of shooting are you talking about? Presumably the ferries don't get too excited about people bringing a carload of guns onboard?  Very Happy

There is also a day out planned for Salisbury Plain for the the last Sunday in June (See Greenlaning section, I think) which you are welcome to join. This may develop into an overnight camp for those coming from further afield, like Gary.

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v

Last edited by Desperatezulu on Fri Jun 05, 2009 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam, Definately up for that only we do posh camping with a trailer tent.
Into the idea of shooting but I don't own a gun. The last time I used one was clay pigeon shooting off the flight deck of a destroyer at sea in 1985.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
busaboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....what do you know....i'm from the Island too, but forced op norf a couple of years ago and now moving to Southampton as a compromise.
Is the Tennisson Trail open again yet?
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that camping/shooting trip sounds amazing! Although I have only ever shot with an air rifle and don't have access to anything better, I would love to join up if possible. Would my brother and his family be welcome even though they have an Isuzu? Laughing
Tommo&Claire
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, although it might well be Tommo and no Claire as i doubt Mrs T will be interested in camping in january!

2002 95 Series LC 3.0D4D, Grabber AT2s, Safari Snorkel.
1998 90 Series LC 3.0TD for Mrs T
2007 Rottweiler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: