All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

AUX in Line Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 17:22    Post subject: AUX in Line Out Reply with quote

For years I've been running my ipod into the aux input of my head unit from the headphone socket. And for as many years I've been meaning to get a dock connector to RCA cable to utilise the line out from the pod. But I didn't want to not be able to charge it at the same time. My brief searches a few years ago didn't pull up what I wanted. But after my current current (£1) headphone to RCA cable developed a broken wire I decided to look again and found this:
http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/ws/e bay.dll?ViewItem&item=140319778485&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Fitted in half an hour and sounds so much better. The pod now plays at the same volume as CD and radio. The bass is tighter as it is only going through one amplifier now. It obviously charges on the go now as well. Also a nice side effect of connecting it to a switched live is that when you turn the engine off it pauses whatever you where playing

Just need to find a subtle cradle for it now that I don't need to destroy the dash to mount.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 17:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a company that does ipod cradles and non destructive mounts that are car specific. They have a range for the various LC models  Cool

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Mounting/Dashmount_Brackets/Toyota_Dashmount_Brackets

Need to wait for pay day though  Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: