NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lonely FJ40

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jas-E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone,

Me and my mates had 3 40series landcruisers between us.

The first one is a 1974 (i think!!) import from thailand that my mate bought. The car is now running the complete drive train out of a 80 series landcruiser..!!!

While we were helping my mate build that, a second 40 came up and me and my other mate went halves on it. It was a 1968 import from California and the owner had stripped it to bits to rebuild it - but lost his garage space and sold it to us very cheap. We had the running gear from the first 40 so got the best bits from both cars and built it.

while we were building that my mates went halves on a third 40. This one has a very bad tub on it - but it came with quite a few parts (bumpers, doors, 60series axles) all in mint condition. So will be using some of the bits off to upgrade our 40 in the next few months...

Would be good to have a 40series meet at somepoint...!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

oflynno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

spackrackman wrote:
I just got a BJ 40 from Oz with out much effort. Cast about 700 to ship over and 700 customs and excise. So as long as you find a cheap truck you should be okay.

who di d you use to ship it?
that sounds very cheap
spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

jas-E wrote:

Would be good to have a 40series meet at somepoint...!!

I agree, when the salt is off the roads and I have worked out where all the coolant is coming from I am up for meeting up.

jonnie
BIG COL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:07    Post subject: fj 40 in cheshire Reply with quote

wanna see a RARITY
I have  good condition FJ40 imported from australia 10 years ago .
She has been restored and can be seen running around Tarporley in cheshire all year round,
AND SHE IS FOR SALE if any one is interested
call Col
on 07765885666
jondoel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post pics and details? Or email gargler02@yahoo.co.uk.
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided that I'm not going to get round to restoring mine. If anyone's interested, it's in Plymouth. All the bits are present, the chassis is good, the engine and gearbox are good, the windows, doors, roof, forward and upper body are good.

The rear of the tub is rotten in the floor, sill, wheel arches and quarter panels.

The car has been disassembled down to the frame and is in a dry storage garage. Pics at: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/rthijssen/BJ40Restoration#

Open to offers... 07856 535344
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: